Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Still do you Sit! >

How Still do you Sit!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Still do you Sit!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default How Still do you Sit!

I just want to see how everyone else is in stand....my buddy and I were talking yesterday how it is hard to sit still for 4 hours and not move, especially when you are not seeing any deer.

I stand up and stretch...scratch....sometimes even grab a water bottle out of my bag for a sip. Maybe this is why I am not seeing any deer!

Do you guys never move...even if you cant feel your a$$?

Thanks
Jim
Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How Still do you Sit!

I Stand to stretch about every two hours. Otherwise....I sit it out. I don't handle my bow....I don't rummage through my pockets/pack. I "try" not toe move unnecessarily. I know I could do better.....but I am conscious of it.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

It is good to stay stretched. If you sit for long periods ,especially in the cold, then try and standor draw your bow, the muscles will be stiff and tight. You will not be able to make a good shot. I have heard of some people even being unable to draw their bow back.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like to alternate, I sit for an hour, stand for about 15 minutes or so and then sit again. Inbetween sits and stands I draw my bow back once in a while to keep my muscles warm, although this year hasnt been a problem as its been in the 80's all season except for opening mornign when it was 26 deg.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm like Wis Bow Huntr... I alternate standing and sitting. I also do isometric exercises. It requires no movement to speak of and keeps you loose. If I'm sitting I just put my hands under the seat and pull up, then I'll push in, then grab the seat and pull out... just put tension on the muscles and hold it for a few seconds. No movement required. You can do the same thing with your legs.. push feet together and hold, cross them and pull out and hold. Put your palms together and push, overlap your fingers of one hand with the other and pull. It really does keep the body fresh. Best of all, minimal movement required. It makes drawing that bow a snap when the time comes.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I stand most of the time and take an occasional sit break. An hour standing up and then 15-30 minutes sitting. Like Davidmil, I also do isometrics. Less movement and they work well to keep things loose. I prefer to shoot while standing and there will be less movement when something is coming in.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on your set-up. If you can see a long way off they cansee you and you need to be still most of the time. If you're in thick brushy woods and can see at best 30yds, you can afford to move around a little(quietly) since they can't see you either
Old 09-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me and my bro' have talked about this before because he's always giving me a hard time for not setting perfectly still while I'm in the stand. I can only make it about 1 hour before Ihave to stand a stretch and he set's the whole time that he's on stand.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sit pretty darn still, will stretch about every couple hours.. I take that time to use the bathroom bottle or take a drink...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

I sit for a hour and stand20-30 minutes or so. I also draw my bow back every once in a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.