Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen Tree Stands >

Stolen Tree Stands

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Tree Stands

Old 09-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Stolen Tree Stands

We went out to do a little scouting and pruning at one of our sets only to find both stands were stolen. It had to have been in the last two weeks. It is hard to think that fellow hunters would steal from each other. The stands weren't that expensive but it is the principle that hurts. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, all the work of setting up and picking the right tree. It hurts.

JMO
Old 09-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Default RE: Stolen Tree Stands

that happened to me last year. i got a climber stolen and a ladder stand stolen. i was pretty pissed. i wont leave my climber out unless im coming back the following morning and i always hide it and lock it to a tree.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 PM

You don't trust anyone! Or can't unfortunately. This is what it has come down to. It is a shame but..... cable locks or a must, even if you are coming back in the next day. It takes two seconds to unlock it and take it off. If they are coming in with cable cutters, your screwed anyway. They have found the stand before or are just looking for free gear.
Lock Your Equipment!
Eric
Old 09-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Spike

This happened to me several years ago and got pretty damned depressing, to the point that I don't hunt that property anymore. It was private property, and the slime buckets cut the lock and stole stand and climbing stick on two separate occassions!!! Probably just as well I didn't catch them in the act, as I'm not sure I would have kept my cool!!!! One more example of a few bad apples spoiling the barrel!!!!