Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 stolen tree stands >

stolen tree stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stolen tree stands

Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default stolen tree stands

Cost of tree stands 250 dollars
Cost to get to area to install tree stand 50 dollar in gas
Time to install tree stand 10dollors an hour
Tree stand gets stolen
New tree stand 250 dollars
Do not steal my tree stand nice 1.00 dollar
Camera to catch thieve 100 dollars
Cost to get to spot toinstall 50 dollars in gas again
Time to install 15.00 AN HOUR now since you boiling mad and it takes longer
ONE LARGE CALIBER HOLLOWPOINT BULLIT .75 CENTS
Trip to thieve hide out 50 dollars gas

NO STOLEN TREE STAND NEXT SEASON PRICELESS

NOW THAT HAS BEEN SAID HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD A TREE STAND OR TRAIL CAMERA STOLEN AND WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT
Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM

Default RE: stolen tree stands

I havnt. But I hunt on a farm with lots of activity. A friend of mine has a problem with that though. If it happend to me I would investigate it as much as possible. I weld my name on the stand so if it gets stolen it is going to take a little effort to just re-sell it. I will find the guy & put some pain on him.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

never had it happen but some day it probably will.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just one time I would love to catch someone.!!!!!! I lost 3 or 4 over the years. JUST ONE TIME!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:31 PM

I hear ya man! My friend and I are still fuming over our camera getting stolen last month. It was a cheap 35mm one we got for like 30 bucks(worked just the same though, just had to climb the tree to get the film out). We're are pretty sure it's his neighbor, who snoops around his property all the time. We are still figuring out what to do. We were thinking of walking around his property at night to see if maybe he was dumb enough to put it up on his land, and it would maybe go off and we could see it. We aren't really planning anything destructive to him because he's obviously low enough to steal something so he would have no problem doing it again. We had it up in a tree, that was hard to climb, for a yearand it never got stolen. We put it at eye level once, and it's gone. But lastnight we bought the same camera for 20 bucks at Bass Pro(the one good deal we ever, and will ever, get from that ripoff store).

It's sad that we have to deal with these people. I'm glad when I go to my local state land and see people leave their stands there unlocked, because that shows theres a trust between fellow hunters.

Sorry I couldn't really help ya on yer revenge part, but I was just thinking about posting the same topic last night about my camera.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just thinking about this problem. I just invested in a very nice stand and I want to protect it. The problem is I hunt land that is 200 miles from my residence and if I set it up and leave it there is a chance it will get stolen (during my scouting) My dilemma is if I set it up on the day that I starting hunting I leave fresh scent and make noise. I've thought about running a huge chain and pad lock around it, but if they really want it there is no stopping them. However, I want there to be as many obstacles as possible, since most thieves are opportunists. I know I can't do that with my trail cameras but that is another story.

My soultion: hunt further back this year, deep in the woods and put the stand with a tree that has quite a bit of cover. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had anything stolen...yet! Everytime I go out to my property...I ask myself, "will today be the day?" We have had problems in the past with some kids on the property next to ours getting on our property and trashing things...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I USE BIG PAD LOCKS ANDCABLE NOW ITS MUCH HARDER FOR THEM TO CUT IT. THE BIG AMERICAN PAD LOCKS YOU CANT GET A STANDARD BOLT CUTTER AROUND IT.BUT IF THEY WANT IT BAD ENOUGH THEY WILL GET IT. I JUST MAKE IT HARDER FOR THEM.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

I had a hang on stolen, but I was lucky, my bosses wife saw it get stolen, got the make/model of the truck, and the license plate number. I called the sheriff, no help what so ever. So I did some investigating on my own, found out who it was that same night, went to his house, scared theturds out of him and showed his parents just how terrible of a job they did raising a kid. Got it back the next day. Worst part is the guy that runs the local bow shop knows about it, I told him, and he lets the kid help him with stuff, leaves him alone in the shop, and the tard shop owner can't figure out where his stuff has gone that is missing, hmm, lets see, stupid.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:47 PM

yea i lock mine up with a cable and a big padlock so if their just walking through the woods you wount be able to steal it youd have to make a second tripand hopefully id be there then or they forgot where it is but if they want it bad enough they will get it...

Quick Reply: stolen tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.