Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever been attacked by an animal? >

Ever been attacked by an animal?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever been attacked by an animal?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ever been attacked by an animal?

It seems to happen at least once every year. A bird of prey sees something (probably my eyes) that he thinks is prey.

This past Tuesday evening, when Rickmur and I were hunting, a peregrine falcon flew past me at a distance of about 2 feet. It landed on a branch about 30 feet away facing me. Then he jumped off the branch and came straight for my face! It was only when I stuck out my hands to block him that he diverted his flight path and landed on another limb off to my right. He looked at me,puzzled and then took off in disgust.

I've had squirrels run over me and have had numerous encounters like the one above over the years. I guess my camo is working!

Any similar experiences?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever been attacked by an animal?

I once had a squirrel attackme when I was hunting. (Something was messed up with this squirrel.)He jumped from a tree branch, onto me, then started attacking myboot. That stupid squirrel scared me half to death, jumping on me like that!He paid for that little deed.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

He looked at me,puzzled and then took off in disgust.
Kinda like the look I get from my wifewhen I buy a new bow or somethingI bet.

While duck hunting on the Cheasapeke one day we were kinda naping after the morning flight. I had my arm resting on the side of the blind when I felt something on it. I came out of my semi sleepness to find a whooping crane perched on my arm. Scared the bedickens out or me. I jumped damed near into the bay and rodane flew off just as scared. We still laugh at that 25 years later.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Ya'll got some mean critters where ya'll huntI had squirrels come in the same tree with me--I had birds land on my boots even had alittle bird land on the bib on my hat--But luckly no has attackedYET!!Now ya'll got me thinking do I stink,naaahhhh must be the looks!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

I use to ride bulls back when i was dumb. Had one or two of those suckers try to plant me. I guess that is kind of self inflicted animal attacks.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

do poodles count?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I was trappin years ago and had a beaver that didnt want to die,in the back of my truck he decides to come to and latch on to my jeans!! If you havent seen a beaver up close theyre not a small animal-this guy went about 50 pounds,didnt get hurt but scared the crap outa me! I whacked him in the head and sent him to animal heaven.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

I was heading to the river bank through a field when I noticed a ground hog running right to me when it was about 10 feet behind me. I jumped around a little bit trying to dodge the darn thing. It took off and my buddy back at the truck was laughing his @!! off.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 AM

A buddy of mine and I were bow hunting an old disc run over field of cucumbers. We were seeing deer like crazy that evening. Well about an hour and a 1/2 before dark I hear eeeeaahhhhhyah A shriek/scream of sorts. I thought what they heck.... Then a few mins later a squireel was barking incessantly, then it was quiet. The doe i was watching lifter her head toward the noise and listened and stared that way then moved off in the opposite direction.

Later when we got down I asked him what was that. He told me that he was sitting in a pine tree minding his own business. He hears a squirrel fussing about above him. Then all of a sudden this 6ft long black snake falls down across his lap. He is mortified. Normally he isn't that fearful of snakes (if you hang around me it pays to at least not show it....). So this snake has fallen across his lap, he then begins a sort of humping, jumping dance to get the snake off his lap without touching it. He succeeds probably because the snake is stunned from the 30 ft fall onto his lap. The snake hits the ground after another 20 foot fall and then lays there a couple of mins. About that time the squirrel comes running down the tree begins barking at the snake and the snake crawls off. The squirrel comes back up the tree stops right in front of my buddy and begins barking at him. Scared the crap out of him too. He doesn't move and finally the squirrel runs back up the tree presumably back to a nest.

The result of this and the look on his face as he told what I heard almost made me wet my britches....

Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good stories guys.

I guess the only thing that has ever attacked or at least try was pigs. They have chased me up countless trees but that is what happens when you start the fight. One of my buddys didn't get up the tree fast enough one time a got cut on his calf. Got him pretty good, about an eight inch long two inch deep gash[:'(]

Quick Reply: Ever been attacked by an animal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.