Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever been attacked by an animal? >

Ever been attacked by an animal?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever been attacked by an animal?

Old 09-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ever been attacked by an animal?

a racoon while fishing
Old 09-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a ground hog chase me while I was carrying a bag of corn to a trail camera in July. He came tearing out of some bushes along a field edge and started in on me. I kicked him so hard he flew about 8 or 10 feet from me. He came right back so I was thinking, F it this thing must be rabid or something. I ended up having to dump the bag of corn and get some distance lol.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:48 AM

yes I was, by my X wife over a deer stand
Old 09-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was attacked by a duck once.....................really.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

My brother was sitting in his stand one morning before day light, All's quiet right ? My brother likes to chew on a un-lit cigar while hunting. All of a sudden he is about knock out of his stand by a big owl
Apparently the owl thought he found a mouse in a tree and took the cigar out of my brothers mouth in flight He had to go home and change his pants
Old 09-22-2007, 12:09 PM

been dogt been twice,the first time iwas about ten a german shepard knocked me down and ripped my chest wide open,it took 60 stapples to close me up,doc said just another few millimeters and it would have ripped my throught out,the second time i went to a pay lake and some little terrier type dog ripped my pants,i was so pissed if i would have had my pistol probably would have killed it
Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM

I was hunting out of a dried up creek bed this last weekend, overlooking a thick fallow field. When i hurd a crash behnd me and saw a possum 2 ft to my left on a sapling, he started hissin at me so i threw a rock at him and continued watching the field then he climbed above my head on a low hanging branch and tried to jump on me. So i said screw it, im not tanglin with a rabbied possum on openin mornin, So i found a new spot.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:43 AM

I think he was just trying to get a quick kiss,,LOL. man that just sounds nasty. Do you have any hatred for dogs now?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Site Buck Guru

I was walking through a pasture and had one of these come to investigate what was messing with his herd. I left before any attack occured.[:-]

Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: willyd5

I use to ride bulls back when i was dumb. Had one or two of those suckers try to plant me. I guess that is kind of self inflicted animal attacks.
I rode bulls for 19 years. IPRA, PRCA and then to the PBR. Had my share of self inflicted as well.

I also had a red tailed hawk come at me, squirrells on my lap, chicadees on my arrow, hat, boots and leg. Porcupines coming up my tree at me, always had to be careful in the mornings, seems these pokey fellas like to sleep in your stand. When I was a teen even took it from a skunk. You talk about a cover scent............

Quick Reply: Ever been attacked by an animal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.