HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Ever been attacked by an animal? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208199-ever-been-attacked-animal.html)

StrutNtom 09-22-2007 06:31 AM

RE: Ever been attacked by an animal?

Do yellow jackets count?[:@][:@][:@]

vaclav 09-22-2007 07:15 AM

them squirrels are vicious...

RDHunter 09-22-2007 07:35 AM

A friend of mine and I were walking toward his tree stand site when we ran into this fella , he just stayed there long enough for me to take this picture.
After I snaped the photo he came charging at us , totaly freaking both of usout my friend stood his ground and waved his arms yelling at it.

MDBUCKHUNTER 09-22-2007 07:39 AM

6am, foggy fall morningand walking up hill. I'm carrying my ladder stand to the oak flat on top of our property (leased land). I hear a snort, figure it was a deer. Kept walking. I hear two more snorts, oddly enough they are getting louder. I probably can't see more than 12' in front of me because of the fog. Kept walking.

I broke the top edge of the oak flat and through the break in the fog, I see a bull at full chargeat 40 yds coming straight for me.

Dropped the ladder stand and jumped as high as I could into the surrounding trees.

Next thing you know, I am up in a tree with the bull pacing below me. 6 or 7 minutes later he got bored and left. 45 minutes later I got down out of that tree and changed my shorts.

RIStrutStopper 09-22-2007 07:49 AM

I'm quite regularly attacked by the psycho cat from hell. Her name is Belle :D

demoIL 09-22-2007 08:06 AM

I was chased out of the woods this year while bear hunting up in Canada, never got anything but boy was that an experience..

My brother had an issue with a bobcat once but he only had minor cuts...

I guess wierd stuff can happen...

*drop_tine* 09-22-2007 08:24 AM

One october evening while about 20ft in a tree I heard this scratching sound at the base of the tree I was in. I looked down at whatlooked like a overgrown ferret and watched as this creature slowly climbed its way up the tree. At this point I waved my arms and yelled at the little creature, and I apparently startled it and it started climbing the tree as fast as it could. I didnt react, I just watched in confusion as this overgrown tree rat was coming right for me.

He stopped at the bottom of my climber and started scratching the straps that were hanging off the climber. Then the little bastard ran around the other side of the tree and when I looked up there was a 7 point watching the episode unfold. Now focused on the deer, I tried to get my bow off the hook and the little devil(nasty teeth and claws) was hissing at me. By this time the 7point high tailed it, so extremely frustrated and feeling like I was on some kind of hidden camera show resorted to trying to stab the rat with my arrow. As soon as I poked it he took off and I was left thinking that this had to be the strangest hunting day of my life.

Turns out that the animal is a Fisher and are being reintroduced into the game lands in PA. Evil tree Rats.........

gamespooker 09-22-2007 08:38 AM

i was forced to jump from a twelve foot high box stand last year after being attacked by an owl.

alleganydeerslayer 09-22-2007 09:22 AM

While leaving my stand after dark last year I heard a commotion coming at me but I could not tell what it was. I could tell it was something large by the hoof beats rampaging through the leaves. I turned on my low level red LED in the direction of the noise and saw a 6 point charging me at 10 yards. I gave him the ole' and got behind a tree only to have him turn and come at me again. This happened three times before he stopped and and we had a 30 second stare down. He stood there with his head down and steamblowing from his nostrils as he breathed heavily while preparing to launch again. AsI stood there deciding whether I had actually wet pants or not he took off as fast as he approached. I started packin' heat after that!

Sport4 09-22-2007 10:10 AM

I have only had a squirrel attack me. I was in my stand and a squirrel that was in the same tree as me started barkin up a storm 5 feet above me. I stood up and tried scaring it away but it came right back. After about 5 minutes of this I gave up and just let it bark at me. Getting used the this crazed squirrels barking I kind of calmed down a little. Then the damn thing jumped on my lap and scared the bejeeves outa me. I about fell out of the stand but i didnt. The squirrels fate wasn't as good though as he fell from about 20 feet onto the ground.