Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Arrow??? >

Favorite Arrow???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Arrow???

Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Arrow???

the logs turned down on a lathe out in my shop....

I am shooting XT hunters 7595, but this is the first year that i have really gotten into arrow tuning and all that good stuff. and so far I love them.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, next year I want to try a different arrow. I hate the ones that I have now.[:@]
Old 09-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

I Like my Carbon Express CX 300's. But I am considering the Maxima 350's for next season.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

CX 300
Old 09-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite arrow is my Maxima 250 tipped with Slick Trick 100gr broadhead covered in blood!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isecond this statement

ORIGINAL: mathews outback

with out a doubt goldtip 5575 xt hunters
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 AM

Im just wondering how does your arrow effect your ke shouldn't it be the same with every arrow out of the samebow unless there is something slowing it like when its unknocking cause ke trasfored from the bows potential energy so i don't know how the differnt arrows would effect that a lighter arrow has more speed and a heaver arrow travels slower but there ke should be the same if im not mistaken
Old 09-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hoyt slayer

Im just wondering how does your arrow effect your ke shouldn't it be the same with every arrow out of the samebow unless there is something slowing it like when its unknocking cause ke trasfored from the bows potential energy so i don't know how the differnt arrows would effect that a lighter arrow has more speed and a heaver arrow travels slower but there ke should be the same if im not mistaken
Not true at all. The heavier the arrow, the more efficient the bow is at transferring energyto the arrow. A lighter arrow will cause your bow to be louder and have more vibration. This noise and vibration is lost energy. A heavier arrow, although slower, will absorb more of the bows energy. That's why a heavier, slower arrow will usually pack more KE than a lighter faster arrow. And a heavy arrow will always have more momentum than a light arrow. That's why the traditional guys can shoot heavy wooden arrows at 150 fps and kill big game.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Goldtip XT Hunters. Beenshooting them for years. Very durable.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:30 PM

I have tryed about ever arrow out there in the last 43 years bowhunting, shooting target and 3Ds. All the better end carbons are great arrows fast, lots of Ke, easy to tune, group great, bows ouit down and most of all I shoot through every thing. I'm using the Easton axis 400 now, smaller around for even better for pentration and shooting them at about 280. One pin out to 30 yards and shooting 2 inch groups are less out to 40 yards with my broadheads and the black ice bow is every every ouit, forgiving and putting out 69 lb of KE

Quick Reply: Favorite Arrow???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.