Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Pan-hunting TV HACK! >

Pan-hunting TV HACK!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pan-hunting TV HACK!

Old 01-14-2003, 10:49 PM

Default RE: Pan-hunting TV HACK!

I've never seen the show or could care less. But reading the replies.It should like some high risk chances,but I wanted to say that shooting in the but is a high risk shot,but the animal will bleed heavy and will go down. I have several videos showing that.Namely the old video of Dave Embry's HUNTING MONSTER BUCKS" he shoots one in the but and explains in good detail that their is a major artrery that runs thru the upper part of the body and goes down in the rear and several smaller veins branch off of it in the rear area. And in a real tree video I think it was monsters bucks 1 or 2.Steve stambroski I think it was a foot ball player He shot one in the but. and Jordan himself said it was good shot and said that it was one of the major areas where they will bleed heavy but waited a few hours to look for it,it was found.IMO I wouldn't take the chance.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:40 AM
CG

I guess I'm of the opinion a second arrow in a wounded deer in ANY part of the body is a good thing.....

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 01-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone remember the shows sponsors? If It had any. I missed the show but from the sound of it was bad all around.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:08 PM

Bowtech was a sponsor...I don't remember the rest.

Trushot }}------>
Old 01-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

is that the guy who constantly refers to every animal he kills as "the trophy of a life time"?

Josh 24:15 Marseilles, Illinois
email: [email protected]
Old 01-19-2003, 07:37 PM

btpatriot
I own the embry movie you were talking about and know the shot you mentioned and he goes so far as to say its a very safe shot because if you shoot any farther over it is a complete miss but then he fails to mention the consequences of what happens if it goes over teh other way, ill put this bluntly. RIGHT UP THE POOP CHUTE!
Back then what mid 80s? we didnt have all the controversy that we have today on hunting issues, in many different movies they didnt focus on shot placement a whole lot, but today you cant just go out shootin deer in the guts and puttin it on national television,

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 01-19-2003, 09:51 PM

I see that there has been no responce from PAN...,I sent an e-mail today and told him to come to this site and read the posts.

I mentioned that if there were no responce to myself or the board that I would bee contacting members of the NRA,IBO and the state clubs I belong to.

Alot of us are pretty able to avoid a sponcers product (that is touted by panhunting)and would have no problem in doing so if this program is not cleaned up through editing.

Perhaps they need a wake up call?.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:58 PM

Hoythunter, I agree with you but regardless if seen on tv or not,theirs people that will still take shots like that,especially if it's trophy animal to them.Like I said I would never take that chance.And personally I feel sorry for the person that thinks that he or she sees it in tv and thinks that they could do the same.But what makes me laugh is with these videos is that they make it look easy.Like alot of these elk vids. They call a couple of times and they come rushing in.Heck My 1st elk hunt I can't begin to tell you how many times that I had called and the countless miles up and down mountains with out hearing or seeing them.Their should be more videos showing "THE REAL TRUTH".Like all the work in tracking and scouting and countless of hrs spent in the tree stand and blinds and then the real work of gutting out or packing out the meat.And that's what we "the average hunter" does every season. Not "sitting in the stand for 15 or 30 minutes" then all of a sudden this huge buck or any other animal comes in.And now all these new vids claim 100% fair chase
Old 01-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

btpatrioto2 I agree with you on those elk hunting shows I can tell you for a fact most of them hunt private land or ranches or other units that you and I will probably never hunt, they make it seem all you have to do is blow a bugle or cow call and they'll come running. But if you hunt public land like we do you realize it takes more than that. That dosen't mean we can't kill elk, it means we have to educate ourselves on what an elk is saying when it calls out, cow or bull, it doesn't matter. Therefore we put the odds in our favor and we can hunt elk anywhere, public or private land, because elk talk is elk talk no matter where you hunt. elknut.

www.elknut.com
Bugling Bulls & Beyond!
Old 01-20-2003, 08:23 AM

Yikes!! Not something I would like my 6 and 8 year old boys to get a glimpse of. It is amazing what you have to screen today for your kids to watch!! Hunting shows??? Come on!!! Get rid of the cowboys on T.V. I odn't think I could've sat through that one.

Quick Reply: Pan-hunting TV HACK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.