Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quad activity

Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Quad activity

Bow season here in P.A. opens on the 29th. Within the last 2 weeks there have been so many quads riding around. I'm one of the lucky ones who can venture out the back door and kill a deer. There's really nothing but farms near I live and they're all posted and I have permission to hunt every one of them. I've been seeing so many quad tracks in the fields and its really starting to get on my nerves. I can't begin to tell ya how many tires we've flattened with roofing nails because people can't read posted signs. We've blocked off trails.....set up some nail traps for em.....they just find a different way to come in. Then throw in the fact that I've had numerous stands torn down and stolen, trail cams stolen, even $12 scent drippers stolen and it realls p*sses me off. The game commission won't do anything about it either because we/they can't catch them in their tracks. I really don't know how many tires they have to buy before they just stay out.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quad activity

It's a hard fight to face. I used to have a similar problem with guys riding our cabin roads with 4x4s. In addition to whatever you have been doing, change up your time that you check on each property. Punks like this usually one way or the other know when you are around and then ride before or after. Then you can catch them in the act and get some kind of idea who is doing this. I have nothing against four wheelers or offroading, just not on others property. Good luck.