Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Was this rude?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Was this rude?

Sunday, me and Rookie51 leave a party he threw for his g/f's 21st, to hunt on her family'sproperty across the road.When we left to hunt, everyoneelse did too,leaving our two girlfriends back at the house by themselves.Ihad to get out of the stand early(nature was calling!) I get back and get chewed out by my girl and was told how much BS it was we left them and howrude it was especially to his girl. He gets back at dark and his g/f didn't even say anything!! Was that rudeof us?Let's here some thoughts? Anyone else's significant other ever get in the way of hunting?

I always said a girl would never keep me from hunting...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Default RE: Was this rude?

I would have done the same thing, so no, I don't think it was rude.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife never "gets in the way" of my hunting. There are times she has plans for me that prevent me from hunting. It doesn't happen often as she is aware of how important hunting is to me. However we are a team and at times I have to make sacrifices for her. I would never leave her at a party unless it was agreed upon beforehand. And even then it would have to be opening day or the rut.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:59 PM

i don't thin it was rude at all. She's lucky enough to have you during bow season ...mine dumped me the week before.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Site Buck Guru

Ignore them, act like they don't exist if they bring it up again. Then pretend like you can't hear them. If they accuse you of having selective hearing, say "what"?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your kids, they are just girlfriends, you have a long life ahead of you and they won't be your last girlfriends. Don't tie yourself down so early, live life, enjoy the world, women come and go and until you meet the one, HUNT!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:23 PM

i'd say no. and if she doesnt like it, kick her to the curb, there are plenty of does running around in the woods. arrow one and replace the one you got lol
Old 09-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

i agree corey i have no regrets now my g/f simply has better understanding of where hunting is and where she is and by the way to put this in persprective i forgot about our 4 year aniversry on thurs. So i left her party forgot her aniversry and she never said a work i might have picked a winner
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

My wife never "gets in the way" of my hunting. There are times she has plans for me that prevent me from hunting. It doesn't happen often as she is aware of how important hunting is to me. However we are a team and at times I have to make sacrifices for her. I would never leave her at a party unless it was agreed upon beforehand. And even then it would have to be opening day or the rut.
Mine either...I just throw her out of the way!!! Just kidding...sorry you got chewed out...perhaps some flowers...but I agree with TX, relationships are a team thing, my wife would have reamed me too.

I would say compensate on her behalf, so she will let you do whatever you want...

Quick Reply: Was this rude?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.