Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opening in flight >

Opening in flight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening in flight

Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening in flight

I have heard a few guys mention that there Rage 2 blades are opening in flight and going a little crazy in the air. I recently purchased a package of these and was wondering how the blades are supposeto fit behind the rubber washer. I believe I have it right but if someone could maybe post a pic or a good description that would be great. It feels to me that my blades are not "locked in" and that they could come open at any point.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opening in flight

There's a little ledge in the base of the blade that snugs up over the o-ring. The o-ring only lasts a shot or two but use fresh ones when hunting. I've never had one open prematurely. You shuold feel a shap as it goes over the o-ring giving you a friction fit. Good Luck!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 AM

I also bought these heads to try out this year. I am certain I am putting them behind the O-Ring correctly. However, it seems as though they just come open when I am showing them to someone. They actually kind of have me worried to carry them into the field.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I snap those blades over the bottom ring, then give the arrow the old spin test on my fingers. If you want extra insurance, you can buy those little rubber bands for Rocket broadheads and use needle nose pliers to put them over the blades as well.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help guys. Matt I appreciate the pic, it really helped to put it into perspective. I believeI am doing it right. Great tip for giving the arrow a little spin test as well.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Thanks for the help guys. Matt I appreciate the pic, it really helped to put it into perspective. I believeI am doing it right. Great tip for giving the arrow a little spin test as well.
Honestly, get the extra bands for these heads if you can. They are only an extra few $$$ and will ensure that they don't open prematurely.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM

r these broadheads as good as advertised?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of people I have talked to claim that they are. Others say that they are not worth a crap. Just everyones own opinion I guess
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM

Watch the Drury Videos, I know they are sponsors, but they have taken some awesome animals with them. Pretty impressive. Gonna try em.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 PM

I bought extra o-rings at Lowes, $1.49 for 10 of them. I just shot a doe on Monday with the 2 blade. I have never seen a hole so big on a deer before. She only went 30 yards and dropped. So far so good with these new heads.

Quick Reply: Opening in flight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.