Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opening in flight >

Opening in flight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening in flight

Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opening in flight

Deer902, you had no problems with the blades opening while they had an extra rubberband on them?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:52 PM

do they fly like fieldpoints ?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, provided you have a tuned bow they fly like field points and leave hatchet wounds on deer. I shot 3 deer with them last year and the pic below shows the smallest of the entrance holes on the three deer I shot......unfortunately I don't have pics of the other 2.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats Rick James B*%&@!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]If I had never tried the Snypers, they still wouldn't be worth another look. I have tried the snypers. I know how good the Rage heads could be. So IMHP, they're crap.[/blockquote]
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

[/align]

[blockquote]If I had never tried the Snypers, they still wouldn't be worth another look. I have tried the snypers. I know how good the Rage heads could be. So IMHP, they're crap.[/blockquote]
Could you restate that in english? [8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deer902

I bought extra o-rings at Lowes, $1.49 for 10 of them. I just shot a doe on Monday with the 2 blade. I have never seen a hole so big on a deer before. She only went 30 yards and dropped. So far so good with these new heads.
Make sure the O-rings are exactly the same. some look close but won't work!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I snap those blades over the bottom ring, then give the arrow the old spin test on my fingers. If you want extra insurance, you can buy those little rubber bands for Rocket broadheads and use needle nose pliers to put them over the blades as well.

That is exactly what I did. I posted about it a while back.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It amazes me how people will shoot these mech broadheads even after they have given you doubtsI've never put a muzzy broadhead on one of my arrows thinking "I hope these thing do what there suppost too"

My buddy called me up the other day telling me about his doe he shot... Shot was like 15 yards and he siad he hit her right behing the shoulder... He said he gave her 20 minutes and then he went to look for her... He said he found decent blood but when he walked up on her she was still alive... He said he had to take another shot... I shot 3 deer this week and all 3 were done in 10 seconds and the farthest ran 60 yards...

I hot a 5pt yesterday at about 12 yards... I don't know what happened but I shot high... My broadhead clipped the artery that runs under the spine... Deer ran maybe 50 yards and left a pretty easy blood trail... I could of been shooting one of those rage heads and hit the deer so that the blades opend parallel to the spine missing the artery... I think I'll stick with my 4 bladed Muzzy's
Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the muzzy's for 4 years,great BH's. I;m trying the Rage 2-blades,I love how the fly. Ive always had trouble grouping them w/ my FP's. So I'd practice w/ BH's and tear up targets. Now I can practice w/ FP's and then put them on and hunt. If they don't work out for me in the field I still have a few Muzzy's to fall back on!

Quick Reply: Opening in flight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.