Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Things i think about...... >

Things i think about......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things i think about......

Old 09-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Things i think about......

So i had a great morning in the stand today, had 2 does and 4 fawns within 15 yards of my stand, but unfortunately, they were very spooky and never entered a shooting lane even though the wind and everything else was in my favor. After about 5 minutes of hanging out where i couldnt get a shot at the does, they turned around and went where they came from. That was it for the morning, well i did see a grey and white house cat. Anyhow, after the hunt, i got dressed and drove to work, and on the way i saw a car accident and that started the wheels to turn. For some odd reason, it made me think of those 2 does and how they have no clue how close they were to getting their lives taken. They were both within 2-3 steps of it happening. They had no idea that the grim reaper was breathing down their necks and that they lucked out to live another day. For some reason that started to get me to think about how close i could have been to the same fate, whether it be a car accident or something else that could have sealed my fate and for some reason i took a different path. It was a rather profound moment that i had, granted a rather wierd thought process, but it reminded me that you never know when its going to happen, so we must all sit back and smell the roses every once and a while. Anyone else ever think of this? Best of luck to all of you this season and stay safe!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Things i think about......

Absolutely but all too often we forget this. If only we could live each day, each moment remembering, this could be it. I myself included, we could all be much better off, happier and get along so much better. For the most part.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Great reminder, that is why I pray Psalms 91 over my family each day. That's why we all need to make sure our eternity is secure and ask Jesus into our hearts. We need to prepare for that like we do for our hunting season, even more so.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM

God never promises our next breath. Be Thankful to have it.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

I Agree