Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 quick spin speed hunters >

quick spin speed hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

quick spin speed hunters

Old 09-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default quick spin speed hunters

Ive been shooting with these for a month or so now. I had to go through a couple of dozen GT pros inorder to get 10 that fly well with a slicktrick. Has anyone else ran into this? I am pretty confident I can refletch with 4 inch feathers and have everyone fly well! I just hated the hassle of feathers which is why I switched. I wonder if I may be better off going to regular 4 inch vanes?
Its just frustrating and I hate having to sort through a dozen arrows to find ones that fly well.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: quick spin speed hunters

I've got them. They fly like darts. Broadheads and field tips impact the same. I'm using Shuttle T broadheads. I did fletch them with 4 of the mini spins, but I don't think it matters 3 or 4 if everything else is right. A good quality arrow is the foundation. My Carbon Tech Whitetails with .001 straightness are fantastic. I had one arrow from 18 that didn't want to cooperate. It wouldn't even shoot in the group with field points. I had the longer fletchings on my other bow and arrows(Beaman ICS Hunters) The Speed Hunters are much more durable to me. With the regular Quick Spins if you had one slap with another arrow they got messed up.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got'em too and love them , 2" speed hunters on G/T XT Hunters .

Dave

Old 09-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got a dozen arrows used quickspin regs with carbon express arrows when i got my bow loved them but when i got good i messed up half of them in two months of shooting
Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The quickspin speed hunters should do a great job with slick tricks. If you having to go through that many arrows there is something wrong. I dont know if you are spin testing them or what. If they arent spining well get you a arrow squaring device from G5 its like 30 bucks and it sure beats buying several dozen arrows to get a few that spin right.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

i did square them all with the asd.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Were they spinning good or not? Ive never had a problem with gt arrows especialy the pros. Just curious what was causing you to go through so many.