Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gmmat Update??

Old 09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gmmat Update??

So..... Idk i like hearing your stories... have you been out hunting latley? any stories to share?? shoot anything? See Anything??

Ryan.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Gmmat Update??

Thanks, but nothing really exciting to share. I am keeping a journal....but it's more geared toward the season as a whole.

The really good thing, hunting the herd I do, is the fact that I "typically" see a lot of deer. This sometimes makes for some neat encounters.

I got blanked in 3 of 8 first week hunts (no sightings), and had 2 other hunts that didn't see a deer in bow range. That's probably too much time in the woods for what I have abailable. I won't be back in there until Tuesday evening.

Thanks for asking.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats pretty cool Must be nice to go out most times and see deer. i rarley see anything ive been going to this Redtag Farm and i havent been seeing any deer tons of sign but these deer are hunted basiclly Year Round...

Ryan.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I basically didn't "find" the deer I hunt until Sept. 30th of last year. From that point forward.....I saw MANY. Fine line is knowing when to go in....and when to stay out. I need to learn when to stay out. Part of the learning curve......hunting smarter. I have a ways to go.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:58 AM

my7pointmonster,

A few years ago we tried the red tag farm deal. Hunted the farm in July or August. We saw sign everywhere also. After a few hunts we came to the realization the deer were only coming threw there at night. I think the deer learn quick in these red tag areas.