Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Really Bummed!!! >

Really Bummed!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Really Bummed!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Really Bummed!!!

I went back again this morning, to my property that has had the poaching problems, and as I went out---there it was again!![:@][:@][:@]This time a huge bodied deer with the head cut off, and the hams gone. It was placed in almost the same spot. I am convinced that it is the same guys that I had arrested last year, coming in at night, now 2 saturdays in a row! I have already called teh game wardens and 1 called back and said that he would set up there, but obviously, hasn't been sucessful. I am going to set up my trail camera,and sit there next friday night myself. Outside of that, I don't know what else to do. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know. I saw deer every time I hunted there last year...several nice bucks.., up until the time these jokers arrived. I have not layed eyes on 1 deer so far this year!!![:'(][:@]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Really Bummed!!!

manuman--are they killing the deer on your property(sorry don't no the background kinda new) the reason i ask we had that problem a few years ago --these guys where spotlighting and dumping the bodies on lease an private property where they had run ins before--most with heads,backstrap,some hams missing. No way you can catch them if they are doing that--I'm just curious !!And like you I would be furious[:@]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really sad news manuman. I hope and give you all the luck in the world baggin these pathetic clowns.[:'(]
Old 09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are the guys you wish would accidentally shoot themselves in the foot.

What a lack of respect for animals and for other people.

A couple years ago we had some guys putting nails on a road and cutting holes in levees,
and stealing stuff, but never anything like that (that we knew of).

I would be furious, especially b/c there isn't much you can do against these kinds of outlaws.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:18 PM

I am not sure, but the fact that the deer have virtually disappeared on the property, and the history from last year, leads me to think that they are poaching on this land.I couldn't sit there last year without seeing at least 6-8 deer each time. Now, in 2 am hunts and 3 pm hunts, not even a fawn!! I have also put out mytrail camera,twice, and only have 2 does and 2 fawns--all at night--in 3 weeks!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would say your not seeing them because the scent elft from the poucher what i would do is get someone or you to set there early friday morning all friday and most of saturday in a treestand or something with a 12 ga and a cell phone
Old 09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that mamuman.
My son-in-law had the same problem on his property in Kansas.
Low down pices of crap, and nothing short of getting caught will stop them. Good luck!!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Time to set some booby traps!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Spike

Those people tick me off, time to take the old rifle out there,and bust some grapes.....and feed them beotchs to the dogs......good luck i hope ya get-um........
Old 09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

That really sucks Greg. You and a few of your buddies need to hide in the trees and try and catch them. Wish you were a bit closer and I would help ya. Nothing like loosening a pochers grill.

Quick Reply: Really Bummed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.