Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow >

how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

Old 09-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how is killing a deer any worst then killing a cow

ORIGINAL: valor10

Don't apologise Pat. You're right. Why would a "hunter" post such a stupid question as to the difference of harvesting a deer to slaughtering a cow? If you ask that question, you're not a hunter. Sorry.
ditto............[:@]
Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe PETA hacked BigTim's account. [8D]

But I do think its funny that every time an anti posts (which I'm not saying BigTim is), that they
absolutely butcher the english language.

I can just see them sitting around on some hemp mats making snotty remarks of the screenshot
capture while they sit back eating tofu burgers and portabella mushrooms and feeling all smug.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was not trying to be anti slaughterhouse anti hunting or anti anything

i was just asking why some people think it is so mch better they way cows are treated then the way deer are.

and i also asking wat were the steps a cow or hog or what ever go through in the slaughter house

I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE ANTI HUNTINGNET.COM OR ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH THE PEOPLE ON THIS WEB SITE NOR AM I IN OR EVERBE IN PETA
Old 09-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lebeau - that will be enough!! Never slander the portebella mushroom like that again!!! The portebella is a truly treasured blessing to have beside a deer steak.

I think that bigtim is just trying to gain some insight about what occurs. We should all know what is involved, so when we are faced with a true PETA or someone who doesn't know the facts we can educate them. When you have the knowledge to have a debate, not arguement, you will win. I can't tell you how many times I have had uneducated PETA types want to debate, when they find out that I have spent the time and monies to be educated they usually back down. I did have one guy who really wanted to debate, when it was all said and done, turns out he was just a poster child for what not to be. Education is the key, and wear it proudly on your sleeve.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well put MrG. And tim I wouldn't worry about getting bashed because it happens all the time when you ask a simple ? Fellas yer attacking the wrong person he was simply asking a question and some of you attack him like he was PETA. Tim is in the Bowhunting contest??? and I am sure that we have all wondered the same thing that he has asked. As for me I know how it is done in the slaughter houses but to ask a simple question and get bashed for it is simply not right.

Lighten up fellas and quit attacking one of our own.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr.G

Ok - wasnt gonna reply but here goes. What does everyone think is going to happen in a slaughterhouse? Look at the name....sound like a good place for a family vacation - i dont think so. The video link posted was not a video of a "slaughterhouse" it was a video of a small butcher shop. If that had been a slaughterous, the animal would have been stunned, stuck, and all the blood drained from the body in the time it took that guy to stun the animal. Why stun instead of shoot? Stunning uses the body's natural blood pump, the heart, and removes the blood from the actual cuts of meat, allowing a better product for the consumer in the end.

Ahh, the hormone debate. As a beef producer, Bachelor of Science in Animal Science and a consumer of copious amounts of this "pumped" meat - I assure you that, just as roundup ready technology has not affected the end product in the corn and soybean industry, so will the use of implants in cattle not affect the end product of your steak.

I assure you - the cattle industry as a whole is the most regulated group in the meat production industry. No flavor enhancers are allowed to be used, no water is allowed to be added, look at the poultry and pork industries and their end product. Lots of water - wonder why its cheaper? Ill sell you water for a buck or so a pound if you want me to and that is exactly what the pork and poultry industries do and are allowed to do.

In summary - could things be changed some in the beef packing industry? Im sure there are some places that could be, but currently food safety is at an all time high. Evisceration, splitting, primal separating, quality grading, packaging etc are all done in a very sterile environment and inspection in plants is quite good and highly regulated.

Could the stunning aspect be changed? I encourage any of you that think so invent your own process that will quickly and humanely allow the volume of animals that are needed to be slaughtered each week to be slaughtered. Until then - this is the best we've got.
Do you have scienctific proof of this? If you want to throw around degrees I have a BBA in Management and have done extensive research on the topic in order to develop business plans for clients that are trying to open organic food markets.

From my research, there is NO proof that the hormones aren't passed down from the meat. There have been studies done, but none of them can PROVE that it isn't passed down.

But there are several studies that PROVE that the reported cases of certain kinds of cancer started to significatly increase in the US when these products started being used.

Ever wonder why 12 year old girls these days are in D cups? I have.

In my opinion is its crazy that people think that these products the animals are shot up with don't get passed down. And its all for what? MONEY!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Lets shed some light on the implant issue. The information I will present is from AS 241 - Meats: Production to Consumption as taught by Duane Wulf Professor of meat science at South Dakota State University.

There is 58% more estrogen in implanted beef vs. non-implanted beef. That is there is 1.2 nanograms of estrogen in non-implanted beef vs 1.9 nanograms of estrogen in implanted beef. Lets take a look at this relatively. Estrogen production in the average male is 136,000 nanograms of estrogen/day. Average female is 200,000 to 1 million nanograms per day and the average pregnant woman produces 4 to 6 million nanograms of estrogen per day.

Now lets look at estrogen in other foods... cabbage has 2,700 nanograms of estrogen per serving. Peas have 454 nanograms per serving of estrogen and soybean oil has 28,370 nanograms of estrogen per serving.

Doesnt look like much a deal there does it?