Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you drag your deer out? >

How do you drag your deer out?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you drag your deer out?

Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you drag your deer out?

You try carrying that bugger out on your back opening day of gun season in PA or NY on public land and they'll be dragging you out with multiple bullet holes in your camo or blaze orange.[&:]
Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just call Davidmil. He loves to drag deer. He drove all the way from NY to Balt a few years back to drag one of Len's deer.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:18 PM

hahaha... thank god i dont hunt with guns or in NY or PA. I have heard some bad stories... even back home in Florida
Old 09-13-2007, 04:20 PM

if you need help and live/hunt close.....give me a call- i can lend a helping hand.
northeast md
Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I just call Davidmil. He loves to drag deer. He drove all the way from NY to Balt a few years back to drag one of Len's deer.
Actually I was on the way back from NY after 5 days of hunting. I had the Explorer full to the roof with clothes, ice chest and deer stands. He called needing help. He'd shot 3 in about 20 seconds. Two very nice 8 points and a doe. I told him I was north of Baltimore but could get to the woods in about 35-40 minutes but had no room in the truck. We piled them all in his truck with all the junk he usually has in there, his stand, his sons stand, every new product he's trying out and maybe a third stand. It's tough to usually get one in there. We crammed all 3 in and jumped back when we slammed the hatch... afraid it would explode.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Site Buck Guru

My buddy and I use a two-wheeled deer cart and help each other get them out.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:54 AM

put an orange vest on the head and throw him/her over the shoulders, firemans carry w/ stand on back and hump it outof the woods(for the civilians, hike it out). its only blood it will stain but who cares theres no permanent scent from it. if theres a dumbass that will shoot an upside down deer please let me know so i wont hunt anywhere near you.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just eat the deer, take a nap and then walk out...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM

I've got a cart that I made with lawn tractor tires that is great for a long haul. The commercial ones with bicycle tires bog down and are hard to pull on soft ground. You may be able to put wider tires on the commercial ones with a little modification.
In central Florida where I grew up, the deer were small and we would gut them, cut a hole in the hock like you were going to hang him on a gambrel. Then you take the front legs and pass them through the holes in the hocks, cut the knee joint on the front leg and push the bone out of the hide to make a tee. Then you can bend down, put one arm through one front leg and one through the other and put the deer on like a backpack. With a small deer, it's really a great way to carry them long distances, just make sure you're covered in orange!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM

I came across to hunters from Omaha dragging a big buck out by the hind legs. I stopped and told them it would be a lot easier to drag it the other direction using the antlers so you weren't dragging it against the fur.

I stopped back by a half hour later and asked them how it was going. They said it was dragging much much easier....but the pickup was getting farther and farther away.

Quick Reply: How do you drag your deer out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.