Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gonna put the SMACKDOWN on this buck on 1st, day of PA >

Gonna put the SMACKDOWN on this buck on 1st, day of PA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gonna put the SMACKDOWN on this buck on 1st, day of PA

Old 09-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gonna put the SMACKDOWN on this buck on 1st, day of PA

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Let's kick it up a notch. Even where baiting is legal it's low class. Hunter Wannabees.
I hear ya. What the hell is the difference from putting out estrus scent in the middle of the rut? Food, a desire to mate, they're both gonna get that buck coming your way. And davidmil, if it is "lowclass," then how come pro hunters do it? Micheal Waddell, Bill Jordan, Ted Nugent, The Drury Boys, even the Cabelas Brothers do it.

I'm so sick of all of this crap of hunters critiquing other hunters. We're supposed to stick together. If we want to bag on anyone, it should be anti-hunters. No offense, but if you think that you're higher up than others because you don't bait, you need to think again. Think three times. And if you still think that of yourself, then you have problems.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Boy oh boy oh boy TRISTATEHUNTER I can tell your from W.Virgina you think we are all stupid on here!
Hey now!!!! Lets watch the WV comments. I can say that kind of stuff, I'm from there. The way you worded that sounds a little harsh.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry not harsh towards everyone just the people who try to fool the real hunters!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Let's kick it up a notch. Even where baiting is legal it's low class. Hunter Wannabees.
I hear ya. What the hell is the difference from putting out estrus scent in the middle of the rut? Food, a desire to mate, they're both gonna get that buck coming your way. And davidmil, if it is "lowclass," then how come pro hunters do it? Micheal Waddell, Bill Jordan, Ted Nugent, The Drury Boys, even the Cabelas Brothers do it.

I'm so sick of all of this crap of hunters critiquing other hunters. We're supposed to stick together. If we want to bag on anyone, it should be anti-hunters. No offense, but if you think that you're higher up than others because you don't bait, you need to think again. Think three times. And if you still think that of yourself, then you have problems.
Chris,
You’re committing a logical fallacy with the Food bait/scent bait association. You’re attempting to take the onus off of the corn and place it on the bottled scents you referenced. Sorry, but I’m not going there, because that isn’t part of the argument. Nice try though. In this situation as well as the ones that you referenced one must obey the law. That simple.
You see, there is a couple of problems here that seem to be facts, but I could be wrong. I’ve been wrong before you know; I thought OJ was guilty. Silly me…
They are as follows;
One - The amount of corn on the ground does not appear to be normal for simply harvesting a corn crop. I have experience harvesting corn, and in my area, corn is still on the stalk.
Two – There is more corn in the second picture. I guess the date was wrong on the camera? Y2K thing or something, or what was it? If the glove doesn’t fit; you must acquit…
Three – Assuming that the corn was placed there (see the ground and trees in the back ground that don’t look like corn field) it was done so illegally (see state laws).
Four – Lying. Please see above evidence and TRISTATEHUNTER’s posts.

Just so you know, we’re all humans who simply have something in common; we hunt. And that does not put us all in one be happy family, or place us on a unified team. So sticking together doesn’t sound real good to some of us if that means that we’re going to be associating ourselves with criminals.

Good day,

KP
Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

then how come pro hunters do it? Micheal Waddell, Bill Jordan, Ted Nugent, The Drury Boys, even the Cabelas Brothers do it.
Because they're making movies. If they don't get a kill they don't make a movie and would have to actually hunt. They're pros in that they get paid and make a living doing it. It in no way/shape or form means they're what the rest of us should use as an example for our hunting enjoyment. I find fault with them for doing it too as do others. It puts forth a bad image for hunting. Most of those guys are simply trying to fill space on a video or for a TV show. It doesn't mean all the snake oil they're pushing is right or good for hunting. Usually it's just good for their wallet. You called them pros(they get paid).... they're not by default to be classified as EXPERTS.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very well sead Davidmil.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:09 PM

If its legal = Its OK
Its its illegal = Its not OK.

The rest is a moral issue, everyone has their own idea of a perfect hunt and experiencing the satisfaction there after.....my personal opinion. I dont want to take a deer over bait. Is a natural occuring salt lick bait? Who cares in TN I can hunt it. Gosh we shouldnt be harping on other hunters as long as they are within the law and make an effort. If they screw up....we are all human. Its that simple. Quite frankly Im sick to death of this dang baiting debate. Something regarding it is posted on the forums everyday. I put out corn to get pictures and its gone 10 days before I hunt that area. Thats the law. Get over it.[:@]
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM

If its illegal you shouldnt do. Do I bait? yes, i have 3 feeders that run all year around. My family owns 2 properties. The first one has a couple nice food plots and the other property which is very thick in cover has the 3 feeders. We have multiple trail cameras on both properties. As you would suspect, theres deer at the feeders at certain times of the day. So some people including me would hunt somewhere around there so i can have a better chance of baggin me a nice buck. BUT, on the other property, one of the cameras has got close to 50 pictures of a 150class buck thats on this same trail between 7 and 9am almost everyday. If i hunt on that this property everyday from 6 until 10am, that buck is gonna cross my path. No one ever considers that cheating and most of the people that "hate baters", have trail cameras around there properties.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dbeals05

If its illegal you shouldnt do. Do I bait? yes, i have 3 feeders that run all year around. My family owns 2 properties. The first one has a couple nice food plots and the other property which is very thick in cover has the 3 feeders. We have multiple trail cameras on both properties. As you would suspect, theres deer at the feeders at certain times of the day. So some people including me would hunt somewhere around there so i can have a better chance of baggin me a nice buck. BUT, on the other property, one of the cameras has got close to 50 pictures of a 150class buck thats on this same trail between 7 and 9am almost everyday. If i hunt on that this property everyday from 6 until 10am, that buck is gonna cross my path. No one ever considers that cheating and most of the people that "hate baters", have trail cameras around there properties.
Hello?!

Trail Cams are not illegal! And sorry to not be interested, but who really cares what you think about feeders if they're legal? Go do whatever makes you happy.
What do you suggest; we all start breaking the law, catch it on tape/film and share it with each other? Then we can sing camp fire songs together...
Go sit on your head...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

As for being in West Virginia (where baiting is allowed), I do have my teeth, notmarried to my cousin, where shoes and have a football team (WVU) that is ranked #4 in the country.

Anyone seen his shoes, they're missing? Might have lost them in the corn pile or they got dragged up by the tractor.Possiblythat darn coon took them.

Good defense.........lol

Quick Reply: Gonna put the SMACKDOWN on this buck on 1st, day of PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.