Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To mount, or not to mount? >

To mount, or not to mount?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To mount, or not to mount?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To mount, or not to mount?

I only mount a quality buck but the hide off of everyone gets shipped out to be turned into leather. Makes a nice trophy and I always mark them with the date ect.. I was going to have them turned into a jacket but I just like having a pile of tanned hides around.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

My woman would kill me if i asked her to put a deer head on our wall. I would have to put it up in the garage.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll mount if he's bigger than my first (126") but I'll consider a european skull mount too! Cheap and they look cool!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dstubb

My woman would kill me if i asked her to put a deer head on our wall. I would have to put it up in the garage.
Perhaps a change in company is required...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dstubb

WOW is pretty much all I can say! Is it not your house also. What is the problem of having one wall of one room for one or two mounts. I have a whole room on the main floor until the "man cave" gets finished. As far as mounting another, it has to be bigger then my current one, 110+.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have my largest buck to date mounted, a 115 inch 6 point that every time i walk into the room i remember that perfect afternoon. All the rest of my deer i have european mounted. I will certainly get more buck mounts, but i have set the bar at a pope and young caliber animal to get it mounted. Well if it has drop tines it would get mounted as well!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bird Hunt Dog

I will not shoot a buck that I won't spend the money to mount!
Exactly!!! I will let them grow unless it is a cull buck or sick or some special circumstance.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I nail them to the back of the wood shed wall.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM

You wouldn't want to look at my wall if you feel that way.

I have a total of 10 buck shoulder mounts plus a couple skull mounts, a couple doe mounts, a couple wild boar mounts, a couple turkey fans, and a black bear rug (waiting on the taxidermist), on my family room walls, bedroom walls, and a couple in the garage. My son's first bowkill (age 11) is a 90" whitetail which is hanging with my other bucks.

I love to look at them every day. Plenty of pics as well. Nothing quite compares to a beautifully mounted trophy.

Not to say by someone elses standard that mine would qualify as a trophy, but in my book they do.

I've run out of wall space. So now I guess I'll have to be selective as to the next shoulder mount that will adorne my family room wall.

To each their own. I don't look at the expense of mounts as I would buying tools or electronics. Mounts aren't a necessity for most folks, but to me they're pretty close to necessity.
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

OHbowhntr, while I see your point, I don't agree......What can you do w/ a deer mount other than look at it hanging on the wall?? Nothing. Yes, it's certainly there to remember the hunt and so forth, I won't take that away from it.......But I'll take PLENTY of pictures to do just that, and by skull mounting or European mounting, I'll have them to have and hold to also remember the hunt.

The bow, on the other hand.....Is inherently more useful than that. It provides HOURS of relaxation, entertainment, and will certainly kill more than one animal.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TradTech

I have a total of 10 buck shoulder mounts plus a couple skull mounts, a couple doe mounts, a couple wild boar mounts, a couple turkey fans, and a black bear rug (waiting on the taxidermist), on my family room walls, bedroom walls, and a couple in the garage. My son's first bowkill (age 11) is a 90" whitetail which is hanging with my other bucks.
You must have a VERY understanding wife!

Quick Reply: To mount, or not to mount?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.