Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Pranks!! >

Hunting Pranks!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Pranks!!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Hunting Pranks!!

I put a blowup sheep in my buddy's camperbed with a container of lotion and a note begging him to be gentle.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

we stole a guy from camps deer out of the tree he had it hanging in. he was flipping blaming the locals th quarry men ect. We dressed the deer up in a poncho straw hat and cigar and sat it in a chair on our porch while he was in the woods playing detective and he walked back into the house right past the deer. He didnt notice the deer till he went outside to smoke another cigerrette.. ya had to be there It was amusing..

Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

I put a blowup sheep in my buddy's camperbed with a container of lotion and a note begging him to be gentle.
EWE ain't right.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: flyinfeathers

Got an idea last year around Halloween time. I noticed Wally World had some welcome mats with the Halloween theme. The difference was......when you step on the mat it lets out this blood curdling scream.

So.......my plan is to place this mat strategically under my buddies stand....brush it in with a few leaves.......and wait for the excitement to begin. I don't think he has heart problems...... yet.

I like pranks as much as the next guy, but if someone did that to me, I would probably kill them.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 AM

When I was 15 I went bow hunting with my dad for the first time. It poured the rain all day so by 9 i had gotten out of my stand and was sitting on the ground when the urge to urinate hit me. Instead of letting it fly right there i walked 20 yards down the hill to relieve myself when i heard what sounded like a huge buck grunt. I immediately stopped doing my business although it burned like fire. I heard another grunt. By now im laying on the ground crawling to get back to my bow. Each time i hear a grunt i get lower and lower to the ground and my pants which i didnt take the time to button slid further and further off. I finally got back to the tree my bow was leaning on and i hear two more grunts. Im so excited im fumbling my bow everywhere. By the time i finally get my bow in hand i hear my dad laughing his A%# off. Thats a memory I will never forget.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

During late winter one time we got this really nice coyote and froze it in a standing position with a 2X4 helping hold it up and put it about 200 yards off this gravel road. You wouldn't believe the people in our group of wolf hunters that stopped and shot this darn thing. It was hilarious they would knock it over and run out there and see the prank and everyone that fell for it stood the thing back up for the next victim. By the time it was over he wasn't near as pretty. Heck one day I was going by and slammed on my brakes forgetting that I had put it out there at least I realized be4 I shot it.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Many years ago in high school one of my friends was just getting into deer hunting and didnt know a thing about deer. My other buddy and I explained to him about hunting over scrapes and using blinds. One day we set up a fake scrape and set him in a blind a few yards off of an old logging road. Abot 5:00pm my co-conspirator went running up the trail, stomped around in the scrape, chewed on a branch, took a piss and ran off in plain sight of our friend. The look on his face when we came walking up a few minutes later was priceless!

He got us back though, a couple of days later he killed a nice buck while sitting on a stump- with his MOM! He was the first of us to kill a nice buck.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 AM

I don't know if this counts as a hunting prank, but it is related. Once my cousin got back to his house from hunting and his wife was asleep on the couch, so he got the bright idea to play a prank on her. He took a little paper towel and dipped it into his Tink's 69 and wiped it on her upper lip! She didn't talk to him for three days. He said she woke up madder than a hornet! If I was his old lady I would have divorced him for doing that!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

These are awesome.....

We've pulled a few stunts in my duck hunting days.....but nothing to speak of, really.

Best one I know of (personally) was a guy that works with us (Surveyor) was deer hunting with a friend of his......and the guy shoots a turkey. Not knowing if it's even in season or not.....the guy brings back his bird to camp.....and askms my buddy Jim (who's an avid turkey hunter....and shot a 26#'er this year) what he should do.

Jim tells him not to tell anyone, after seeing the bird. He also explains, in detail, how to clean the animal.....and tells him to call him when he gets it skinned.....and before he does anything else to it.

Guy calls back to camp a little while later (he'd stuck his bird behind the seat of his truck for the ride home).....and Jim puts him on speaker phone back at camp......to let everyone know how the guys had done dressing out his BUZZARD.

That's a true story.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Banned

I've done the "put empty cartridges in my buddy's stand" or "put old bloody arrow in ground below buddy's bow stand" before and it never fails to get a good reaction.

I've also posed in front of my buddy's trail camera with a deer before.

Quick Reply: Hunting Pranks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.