Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is it a robin hood or not?? >

Is it a robin hood or not??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it a robin hood or not??

Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it a robin hood or not??

I have never shot a Robin Hood, and I have never seen one on HNI. I have stacked several arrows while shooting but never hit one in the bull and aimed for that arrow and split it. Like Rob mentioned a true Robin Hood is putting one in the bull and saying to your buddies, "Yo Jugheads, watch this." and proceed to stack that arrow. Come on guys, lets make getting one a skill instead of lucky miss.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well hopefully on the whiteknuckleproductions site on here tomorrow Bruce is going to post a picture of a true robinhood. We were adjusting our new rest's saturday and after getting them all tuned inBruce shot one last shot into the bulleye's and his wife Lisa stepped up and asked is that one of your good arrows and Bruce said yes why?? She said because I am going to robinhood it!!! Bruce said go for it and she did!!!!There were 4 of us there and think I was going to bring my camera and didn't or else I would have had it on film!! Walt
Old 09-11-2007, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Well hopefully on the whiteknuckleproductions site on here tomorrow Bruce is going to post a picture of a true robinhood. We were adjusting our new rest's saturday and after getting them all tuned inBruce shot one last shot into the bulleye's and his wife Lisa stepped up and asked is that one of your good arrows and Bruce said yes why?? She said because I am going to robinhood it!!! Bruce said go for it and she did!!!!There were 4 of us there and think I was going to bring my camera and didn't or else I would have had it on film!! Walt
That takes some serious skill and confidenceto step up to the line and call a Robin Hood, and thenactually shoot one.I've seen one person stack an arrow, wasn't a Robin Hood though, he didn't call it and the first arrow wasn't a dead ringer. Was still cool to see though!

At the gun range we do stuff like that all the time, someone will throw out a softball and we will keep blasting it smaller and smaller until someone misses or there isn't anything to shoot at.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

My first two shots out of my very first bow was a "robin hood"....at the time I didn't think it was cool at all, in fact I was pissed. i was so happy with the first shot being dead in the center, then just pissed as the 2nd found the exact same spot. I just spent 50 bucks on a half dozen arrows from my paper route money. (Carbon was pretty new and expensive at that time..they were cabelas, and they were not durable at all) Now I wish that I would have saved them

i couldn't do it again if I tried, i have broke a LOT of nocks though...me and a friend each just broke 3 last night.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM

Bottom Line- A Robinhood is First Arrow Bull followed by Second arrow Bull (Wood Split- Aluminum Stuck). But......If your sighting in your bow and shoot a series of more than one and drive it, it is not lucky, it's great!!!
Adjust your sights and practice so you get so pisseddd at creating this problem that you have to shoot each of the bulls on a four bull target so you don't ruin arrows!
Eric Stacy AKA: DeerDope
Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 PM

no not a robinhood, but I have shot two in my days of shooting.
The coolest robin hood I ever saw was last year at a 3D tourney me and my buddies were shooting. One of em shot a perfect 12 (12-10-8-5-0 basis) and my other friend shot next hitting his arrow perfectly and it actually spun the carbon around his arrow. I guess I should have took a pic caus it was really sweet looking