Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attention Guardian Owners... >

Attention Guardian Owners...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attention Guardian Owners...

Old 09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Attention Guardian Owners...

This may be old news, but just in case...

I was having some some work done on my guardian today and, during the process, the guy at the shop realized that my cables had started cutting through the plastic cable slide. Looked like a good 1/4". Don't know if anyone has addressed this problem previously, but if it hadn't been caught and the bow had been at full draw when the cables went completely through, it could have caused some nasty problems. Anyway, it looks like the factory cable slide is made of an inferior plastic. It may be a problem specific to my bow, but just wanted to pass it along. It might be worth checking.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Attention Guardian Owners...

Yes it has been addressed a few times. I switched to a hyperglide and it works really well!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Alright. Thanks, Mo. I was just shocked to see the damage. Glad I got fixed, though.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

I replaced my Guardian slide with a Radius Cable slide made by Parker Productions. It is all teflon and allows for 3/16 more clearance.[/align]
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Host of Hosts

I replaced my Guardian slide with a Radius Cable slide made by Parker Productions. It is all teflon and allows for 3/16 more clearance
Is the clearance between the string and cable slide? Let me ask this way. I have tried a few other cable slides over the years and most of them pull the string and cables closer to the cable slide. In my opinion this can cause cam lean. I would like an aftermarket slide that has the same or very close to the same measurements.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

I replaced my Guardian slide with a Radius Cable slide made by Parker Productions. It is all teflon and allows for 3/16 more clearance
Is the clearance between the string and cable slide? Let me ask this way. I have tried a few other cable slides over the years and most of them pull the string and cables closer to the cable slide. In my opinion this can cause cam lean. I would like an aftermarket slide that has the same or very close to the same measurements.
It does pull the string and cables closer to the cable slide. Only slightly. I didn't have to adjust my sights left to right at all.So far it has worked great. I was having a slight clearance issue with my blazers with the stock slide. It now gives me perfect clearance.Here is some pics.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

The one I got to replace the factory slide (brand unknown) does pull the cables closer to the slide. I was shooting blazers also, and because of the issue with the factory slide the vanes were rubbing away at the cable whenever I shot. This caused a flat spot to be worn into the cables -- thank goodness I keep it waxed up or it would have been worse. Now the bow is so much smoother on the draw.

As a side note, I also switched from a whisker biscuit to the Bowtech Hostage rest. Seems great so far -- nice to have full clearance with the vanes.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I swapped mine out the day I picked the bow up. I didn't like their cable slide.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I swapped mine out the day I picked the bow up. I didn't like their cable slide.
Dave, which slide did you go with? Just got a commander, and looking at that also.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 AM

i put the saunders hyperglide on my guardian. That took care of it

Rick