Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why do we hunt

Old 09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default why do we hunt

WHY DO YOU HUNT! what makes you wont to spend hunderdes if not thousands of dollar. get up at 4 in the morning or so. sit in a tree is zero deg. weather while it snows or rains.

What makes you hunt

do you do it for the rack. Or do you do it for the meat. Or the thrill of hunting. I started hunting when i turned 18 four years ago. When i moved from central indiana to east ky. I started hunting because i have always loved deer meat. but it was something i got once or twice a year if i was lucky. In the last four years i have spent a lot of time and money to come up empty. This year i moved back to indiana and after much scouting and time in the woods i think i might get that first deer. I do not care if it is a doe big buck or a 6 pointer as long as it is not a young deer. I start hunting for the meat. But now i hunt for the meat and for that thrill of the hunt i hope coem oct. i will get to eat something i hunted and killed myself. Not something i walked into a store and bought. I thought of giving the sport p spent to much money to have nothing. But as i sit here typing i think of that first day in Ky hunting with my dad which was the first time either of us had hunting seriously as when i was a 14 i did a few time but sef tought and 14 i had no luck. Now i feel i can go hunt if i realy need to like in a disaster or terriost attack which now of days is a real thought. But i plan to stick it out for a long time even if i am hunting 20 years with out a kill

So what make you hunt

good luck to all hunters god bless us all and my we all be safe in the woods this season
Old 09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: why do we hunt

So my son can experience something he really wants to do that I never had the chance to.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Peace and then the big rush you get when the arrow goes SMACK. I DONT KNOWI JUST LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 PM

The time spent outdoors, away from it all is what i like. There is no greater satisfaction than providing food with your own hands. If the people on earth before us hadn't hunted we wouldn't be here today...i think its great to keep that alive and make people realize that not everything comes from a store shelf.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

My father started me hunting when I was 13 yrs old. It took me a couple years to mature and realize what hunting was all about. It's the thrill of the hunt and the chance to be out in the woods with no worries. Just soaking inwhat god has created for us to enjoy. Sharing the times and memories with friends and family andif you are lucky enough to make aharvest, the pride that you get knowing you have provided a meal for your family or friends.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM

I hunt to spend time outdoors taking in all that God created, sharing that experince with friends and family, and the stuff out of God's pantry taste pretty good too.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM

I think MattH hit the nail on the head. The meat is good, and it's niceto have a rack above the fireplace. But when it comes down to it, there is nothing better than being out in the woods after a long week,and just getting away. Even if I don't see anything all day i'm still pleased and thank God for the experience. I've passed it on to my younger brother, and look forward to sharing and making memories with my children.

And anti's say we're heartless.

Good thread bigtim
Old 09-05-2007, 02:53 PM

to spend time in the outdoors and relax and for that rush when u see a deer
Old 09-05-2007, 02:59 PM

for me, its more of a sense of history... to know that i'm part of a long tradition that spans history itself... to be out there admiring god's creations... actually, the rush of the kill has very little to do with it for me... i do it to pass that tradition on to my kids... i do it to honor the traditions that were passed on to me... there's more of course, but that's the jest of it...
Old 09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

In this order:

1. Spending quality time with family
2. The thrill
3. The peacefullness of the woods
4. Just plain fun of scouting, picking a spot etc
5. The meat
6. The horns
7. To relax

BTW, How about that walk into your spot. Mine is a long walk and the anticipation of taking that walk when I go to bed before a hunting day is enough to make me not get much sleep.

Quick Reply: why do we hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.