HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why do we hunt
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default why do we hunt

WHY DO YOU HUNT! what makes you wont to spend hunderdes if not thousands of dollar. get up at 4 in the morning or so. sit in a tree is zero deg. weather while it snows or rains.

What makes you hunt

do you do it for the rack. Or do you do it for the meat. Or the thrill of hunting. I started hunting when i turned 18 four years ago. When i moved from central indiana to east ky. I started hunting because i have always loved deer meat. but it was something i got once or twice a year if i was lucky. In the last four years i have spent a lot of time and money to come up empty. This year i moved back to indiana and after much scouting and time in the woods i think i might get that first deer. I do not care if it is a doe big buck or a 6 pointer as long as it is not a young deer. I start hunting for the meat. But now i hunt for the meat and for that thrill of the hunt i hope coem oct. i will get to eat something i hunted and killed myself. Not something i walked into a store and bought. I thought of giving the sport p spent to much money to have nothing. But as i sit here typing i think of that first day in Ky hunting with my dad which was the first time either of us had hunting seriously as when i was a 14 i did a few time but sef tought and 14 i had no luck. Now i feel i can go hunt if i realy need to like in a disaster or terriost attack which now of days is a real thought. But i plan to stick it out for a long time even if i am hunting 20 years with out a kill

So what make you hunt

good luck to all hunters god bless us all and my we all be safe in the woods this season