Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear >

Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Old 09-03-2007, 07:57 AM

Default RE: Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Definitely not a shot I would have considered. Bear started heading back for the woods before the arrow got there.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not to smart at all. Does any one think he looks like the Brian from the tv series T.A.P.S. (ghost hunters) ? or is it just me
Old 09-03-2007, 08:49 AM

i question wether or not that arrow "passed right through".
Old 09-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm not gonna criticize this guy... If he's good enough to make the shot, then why not take it? Now, if he wasn't sure if he could make that, then thats a different story; it'd be poor judgement to attempt a shot that you aren't sure of. He killed the bear, didn't he? He also hit it in the vitals. I'm new to bowhunting, but I'm gonna stick with my opinion. If you're good enough to take a bear at 74 yds, do it. If you're good enough to take an elk at 834 yds with your rifle, then why not take the shot? Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. The shot should not have been made. Ridiculous.

Spudrow from Mo

Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

Personal opinion: what an idiot to take a shot like that, then admit it was a marginal hit in the guts. If they don't have dogs, they probably don't even find that bear. Ridiculous.
I have to agree. It's obvious he couldn't make the shot because if he could have, he would have. Way to many variables to go wrong on a very alert animal. Very poor decision to take the shot, very poor decision to video that shot, very poor decision to brag about the shot, very poor shot placement, very poor advertisement and very lucky hunter who should be thankful for tracking dogs. I'm thinking of writing the broadhead co.
Couldn't of said it better...good post. Hunters come under enough scrutiny without adding fuel to the fire.
I couldnt have either. Hunters like that just keep the fires burning.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]I agree with just about everything Rob has to say. This is no exception. The guy said it was a marginal shot . He knew it was a bad decision. The bear turned into the shot as it was heading for the woods. What would have happened if he didn't turn before the arrow got there? That was the most rediculous thing I have seen filmed, not to mention bragged about.[/blockquote]
Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, that shot should not have been taken. Looks like he is only using a 3 pin sight and I'd behe probably doesn't have a pin after 50 yards. That leaves even more guess work on an already marginal shot.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

should never take that shot....if you cant get closer to the animal just dont let arrows fly and pray that it will find its target.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

In response to hardcorehunter's comments. I have often wondered if an animal such as this bear or a deer have faster reaction times than do we humans? I guess my question is does the physiology of an animal permit it to react faster to a stimulus than a human under the same conditions? Do neurons travel faster in animals which allow them to have a quicker reaction?
Maybe too deep fordiscussion here but it seems to me that if I was walking along in the woods with no idea that anyoneelse was around that I would not be able to react to the sound of a bow shot as quickly as a deer under those circumstances.
I must be spending too much idle time thinking in my tree stand.

Quick Reply: Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.