Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Insert removal

Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Insert removal

How do you remove inserts from carbon arrows? mine have the Hidden Insert Technology.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Insert removal

Why would you want to?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Because like a dummy i bought some arrows off EBAY and they were inserted, well who ever cut them off didnt cut them straight and parts of the arrow doesnt touch the back of my broadheads, I have leveled a few the best I could with the lil round stone, but I was going to take them out and fix the arrows then reinsert. I tried to send them back but they said they wouldnt take them..
Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okay, I thought maybe you wanted to cut them down and you can do that at the nock end...interesting, do you know if they are aluminum inserts or carbon inserts and if they are hot glued or epoxied?

Hot glued/aluminum inserts can be removed if you are very careful about heating a field point, NOT THE CARBON ARROW just enough to pull them out. Epoxied or carbon inserts are not as acceptable to this practice.

The easiest way is to have an arrow saw to tweak the ends....a shop would have one and be able to do it easier than pulling the inserts. One reason I have everything to be self sufficient including an arrow saw.

I've never worked with the HIT arrows, (I shoot ACC's) but I'd imagine pulling the inserts would be difficult depending....again, an arrow saw or dremel (sp).