Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How to Handle Trespassers? >

How to Handle Trespassers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to Handle Trespassers?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM

Default RE: How to Handle Trespassers?

man, i would just get the plate number and be happy that you can hunt another day. most of the time in the woods (especially during season) any old yahoo could have some kind of weapon, it's just not worth it. let the warden handle it that's what he's paid to do.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

To your original question..........is the trespasser on your land by accident or knowingly trespassing? I am assuming he or they may be trespassing knowing full well its your land.

If by accident, let them know they are on the wrong land unless they are leaving trash, etc. It can happen and has happened to me before, because of miscommunication. If they have previously been told they do not have permission to be there then by all means call the authorities. The reason I say this.....a plat book could be wrong or perhaps another landowner gave them wrong information.

I am a co-owner of land in Indiana and my siblings and I always at least tell the guys they do not have permission.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

I hate tresspassers and *******s that shoot at anything that moves, whether its a good shot or not, and dont track their deer very well. It gives us all a bad image.

I hunt a little property near subdivisions. People always tresspass. Kids play back there and people constantly walk their dogs and do who knows what. But Its almost OK because the deer are almost conditioned to people and at least are a little less weary of human scent.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Here is what happened to me one year during turley season. I had permission to cross 2 people to get to some federal land. There was a field entrace (3 property owners came together at the fence corner), I pulled into there, did not block the gate. When I got back, there wasa note saying I was tresspassing and the game warden was going to be calling me. He in deeed call, said there was nothing he could do to me since he did not see me personally tresspass.

It still burns my @ss that this guy called the warden on me. All I did was pull off the road, pulled far enough over that I did not block the gate. Heck, I have a pretty good feeling that I was actually on county right of way.

Either way, get a descrition and call the proper athorities.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Act like a mad man fire your 45 up in the air like 5 times start screaming at them and tell them they dont want to move or it could get ugly! Then if they have the balls to move well try to get there license plate if you did not already. Or tell them you already got it and if they run it will be worse.
This is a very dumb thing to do to tresspassers. Dude, you must not want to live another day or something, you must be one of those edited for skirting profanity filter that owns land and think you are the almighty god of the land. Somebody need to teach you a lesson or 2 to get to your head straight, 2 wrongs don't make it right.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 PM

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. Paintball land mines. If you know who the trespassers are, the proof will be there when the officer shows up at their house. Plus its a lot of fun scaring the hell out of someone like that who deserves it for being a tool and intentionally trespassing. And if they weren't, intentionally trespassing, hey, they won't make that mistake again.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Wolf651

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Act like a mad man fire your 45 up in the air like 5 times start screaming at them and tell them they dont want to move or it could get ugly! Then if they have the balls to move well try to get there license plate if you did not already. Or tell them you already got it and if they run it will be worse.
This is a very dumb thing to do to tresspassers. Dude, you must not want to live another day or something, you must be one of those a**hole that owns land and think you are the almighty god of the land. Somebody need to teach you a lesson or 2 to get to your head straight, 2 wrongs don't make it right.

Dude....he said it 'tongue in cheek' ......which means IT WAS A JOKE!
Lighten up a bit.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Um, also, I think he was exagerating over the 45 idea. And I don't agree with threatening people or doing anything that could get yourself killed, but I also don't think anyone is an edited for skirting profanity filter for wantint to protect their property rights. You own the land, you can dictate what goes on on it as long as the activities are legal. Its called the law and people who don't respect it are criminals. Try getting a lot of trespassers on your land over the years - road hunters, guys who "accidentally wandered" onto it, etc. - and see how you feel. It's a smug comment to make that someone trying to protect their own little corner of hunting paradise they worked so hard to buy and maintain for quality considers himself "god of the land." Perhaps I'm a little testy tonight but comments like that are downright ignorant.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

I know where most of you are coming from. People today aren't the same as people of yesteryear......including some landowners!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was meant as a joke! settle down a bit there wolfman. I indeed have land and i run into this all the time and i am only nice the 1st time second time. I just take the authorities with me and they do the dirty work. I do carry my .45 though when i ask them to leave. I only ever had 1 person not run before i got to them though. Anyways sorry for joking your right 2 wrongs dont make a right. Stickum to the tree with an arrow....joking

Quick Reply: How to Handle Trespassers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.