Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shooting problems >

shooting problems

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shooting problems

Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default shooting problems

I have my sights set at 10, 20, 30. Shooting at 10 have no problems at all hit right on thebullseye.If I try at 20 different story. Very few shoots hit bulls eye. The bow was sighted in. Can those sights be off a little from year to year? Any suggestions.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shooting problems

Usually not. It might be a form problem. Review all your anchor points and try again.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

this sounds like you are not sighted in right . from 10 to 20 yards there should not be much difference in the sight . Also check that your bow is tuned

[/align]
Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also make sure your broadheads are tuned to your arrows.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

this sounds like you are not sighted in right . from 10 to 20 yards there should not be much difference in the sight . Also check that your bow is tuned

This one sounds right to me. Why guys clutter up the sight picture with a 10 yard pin is beyond me. On most equipment today the difference in point-of-impact between 10 yards and 20 yards is only about 1".

Try something. Use your 10 yard pin to shoot 20yards. Don't worry about where the arrows impact. They're going to hit low. You know what you're going to find out? If your arrows don't group then you either have a tuning problem or a form problem. My guess is the latter. You askif a sight can be off from years to year. The answer is "NO". But if you don't shoot much then your form can be off considerably.

If you are shooting field points I don't care how far out of tune a bow is. It will still group the arrows together---at any distance. They may look ugly as all git-out getting there, but they will still shoot to the same place. This has been proven time and time again.

Now if you're shooting broadheads and the bow is out of tune then all bets are off. But then if a bow won't shoot field point well I sure wouldn't be shooting something with blades till I figure out what's going onand correct it.

The final thing to consider is that if you shot more you would be more familar with the goings-on of your equipment. Your form would most likely improve to the point you would know whether the problem s the bow or you. Muscles and mindshave memory, but only if they are used.

[/align]