Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEW SIGHTS?

Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Spike

Default NEW SIGHTS?

I know all of you have heard this question a thousand times but i am looking for new sights? I can only spend around 80 bucks. I like the viper sights. But i don't have a clue. Do i want a dovetail or fixed? etc... LEt me know your opinion THANKS
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 AM

Default RE: NEW SIGHTS?

I got a cheap TruGlow for $50, and its been more than satisfying for me... just giving you some ideas.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:09 AM

spend the extra 25dollars an go with trophy ridge you cant beat them
Old 08-23-2007, 02:53 AM

I have the TruGlo Tru-Site Xtreme and absolutely love it. Can get it for under $50 if you shop around.

KEY FEATURES
[ul][*]Adjustable windage & elevation. They even have a tool-less model available.[*]5 very bright and sturdy pins. They even have a TFO 0.019 pin model available.[*]Glow-In-The-Dark shooter ring to help you quickly align with the sight through a peep-sight.[*]Adjustable level that's illuminated by the shooter ring.[*]Extra long and protected fibers that wrap around the outside of the aperture that allows the fibers to gather more light for low-level situations.[*]Optional sight light that instead of shining on the pins causing glare shines on the outside fibers where they go into the pins lighting them up.[/ul]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: graysonelement

spend the extra 25dollars an go with trophy ridge you cant beat them
I had the trophy ridge and didn't like them very much. The pins weren't near bright enough for me. I recently got the new copper john dead nutz 2 supreme sights. Awesome, awesome sights! The ones that I got run about $140, which is well out of your price range, but I know they make a smaller, cheaper version that does run around your price range. I would definitely give these sights a real close looking at. The pins are very bright and the sights are very durable and rugged.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Montana Black Gold Flashpoint
Old 08-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Black Gold, Dusk Devil 2

Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: M00N

I have the TruGlo Tru-Site Xtreme and absolutely love it. Can get it for under $50 if you shop around.

KEY FEATURES [ul][*]Adjustable windage & elevation. They even have a tool-less model available.[*]5 very bright and sturdy pins. They even have a TFO 0.019 pin model available.[*]Glow-In-The-Dark shooter ring to help you quickly align with the sight through a peep-sight.[*]Adjustable level that's illuminated by the shooter ring.[*]Extra long and protected fibers that wrap around the outside of the aperture that allows the fibers to gather more light for low-level situations.[*]Optional sight light that instead of shining on the pins causing glare shines on the outside fibers where they go into the pins lighting them up.[/ul]
I have one on my back up bow, and its a WHOLE LOT of sight for the price. A very very good buy.

I primarily shoot a Vital Gear Triangle sight. Definately the brightest on the market and uses glow rings rather than lights to illuminate the pins... so they fade slowly as the light fades.... so you can see them, and whats beyond.

They are a bit over your listed price... I got mine through a dealer on ebay... by it now with free shipping for $100 to my door... from the time I hit pay to the time it showed up was less than 36 hours. They guy said he was known for having fast delievery and he wasn't kidding.