Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Almost forgot... I switched. >

Almost forgot... I switched.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost forgot... I switched.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Almost forgot... I switched.

I've always shot with one eye closed, and have tried in the past to shoot with both eyes open without much success. Today I tried again and it worked out extremely well. One thing that I do that I'm not sure about and would like some pointers on is I do close my left eye long enough to put the correct pin in the approximate center of the peep, then open the left eye. Would you recommend not adding that step?

Anyway, I shot much better. It made enough of a difference that I busted one of my nocks at 40 yards. I'm impressed with the technique, and I think it's a minor enough change to incorporate this close to the season opener. Does anyone have any idea why this seems to make it so much easier to settle the pin?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Almost forgot... I switched.

i think it makes it easier because you not mentally stressing to get the pin perfect with both eyes open it kind of blurs and for me anyway helps focus on everything else i need to do right with my form. i also shoot really well in low light because of shooting with both eyes open and it seems like you can get used to it so much you dont even look at the pin just focus and the arrow lands where it should. i do however only use one pin out to 40yrds so i think this simplifies things for me to.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Almost forgot... I switched.

I close my left eye to make things are centered also.Not sure if that is "correct" but it has worked well for me.

When shooting night shoots,I couldn't tell anything by closing the left eye to center things up so I quit doing it at night and couldn't tell a difference in my shooting.