Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Complete opposite of the Support for Military >

Complete opposite of the Support for Military

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Complete opposite of the Support for Military

Old 08-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Complete opposite of the Support for Military

I know that this is not bowhunting related but anyway. Yesterday, and the post is still going, we all heard about the support/thanks that Jay was getting for serving his time in Iraq. I just heard on the radio that two of our military men are being charged with premeditated murder over in Iraq. So much for supporting our military. Why the heck does the military even have weapons?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Complete opposite of the Support for Military

You can commit murder anywhere, any time. I don't give our military men carte blanche (sp?) powers.....in ANY situation.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in almost every wartime endeavor.......but I know they're not above the law, either. I'd find it VERY hard to charge them with a crime....but war crimes are committed in every war. And, yes, by "us", too.

That being said...I'm not familiar with the case you speak of......just my general thoughts on the subject.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 AM

Very true like usual bud. Im in afghanistan right now and as far as i know things havent changed... No matter what the situation, the rules of engaugment must be followed...
Old 08-22-2007, 06:38 AM

Yes I know that. To clear a little up, still don't know the full story. The unit was called in for backup on a fight and the Sergent ordered a soldier toshoot a wounded Iraqi, now their both being charged. I think the unit was from GA
Old 08-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Spike

Why does the military have weapons? Are you kidding me? There are going to be people that break the rules everywhere. So when a hunter murders someone, and I'm sure it's happened, does that mean that all hunters should give up their weapons as well? If the military had no weapons, you can bet your a$$ that we wouldn't be sitting here today in the luxury of our offices and homes and planning our upcoming hunting trips. Take away our military weapons? Give me a freakin break.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:02 AM

I wasn't meaning it that way, about having weapons. IMO, and I'm not a military person, every time that a weapon is fire is purpose is to kill/cause death. So the person using the weapon everytime they fire it could be considered to be committing "premediated murder". So what I was saying is that if the military is going to charge its own members with premeditated murder why have them if it could be considered to be premiditated every time a weapon is used. IWASN'T trying to make this a big debate.
I can never repay our military people for what they have done for me and can never express the thanks and appreciation I have for them for protecting my freedoms, especially hunting.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Troll troll troll your boat. [:'(]
Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

I agree that the military should not get a free pass for murder, but it seems everytime their are troops being charged with crimes that the prosecution is to appease the anti war freaks and not to punish the offender if their was even a crime committed. When I was in Somalia in the Marine Corps we had a gunny who shot a somali because the somali attacked him while driving down the road.He shot him witha blooper gun that was confiscated from a weapons raid.He was court martialed to the press satisfaction then we returned to the states it was overturned.The military boys should a get a lot of leeway in combat environments instead of being held accountable by some chairborn ranger who has never had a bullet fly at them.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 AM

The standards of conductfor American Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen are very high, and even more so for their leaders. That's as it should be. Men with weapons, organized, trained and committed to the defense of this nation must follow the rules, even when others do not. Our Armed Forces have always won this way, and always will, even if the effort proves futile, as politicians lose the will to continue the fight.

Gerry
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James Vee

Troll troll troll your boat. [:'(]
Yep!!!