Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 He killed seventeen deer, last year..... >

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Old 08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

I checked out TN a few years back and even though they aren't really any farther south than we are here in SEMO, the deer I saw were small. Even the nicer bucks taken on the WMA we were looking to hunt ran a bit small. I'd say, fully admitting a limited experience, that a large buck there ould go 180-200 # live weight, which would put them about a 1/3 less once feild dressed. Someone had taken a nice 10 point, probably 135" or so buck that had a live weight of 179#. Most of the guys we talked with said that was a good buck.

The most I've taken in a season was 5. Only one was with a bow though.

GH
Old 08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

There is a kid back home who doesnt go to school, and lives off of his parents, so he has tons of time to do whatever. He has some hunting areas where the owners have said to kill any deer that moves. He killed 43 deer last year (bow and rifle kills). I dont like the idea of someone shooting that many, it just sounds absurd.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in TN it is no problem to kill 17 deer a year especially if you hunt in unit L where during archery season you can kill 2 bucks during thewhole archery seasonand 3 does per day and the statewide buck limit is 3 all year.
Yeah, buddy. Hardeman County, TN. I was there last year. It's easy to see why they have those limits.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are lucky enough to have a tremendous population here in Southern Illinois and liberal doe bag limits to go with it. I killed 9 does and 1 buck with my bow two years ago. It was a lot of fun, but also a heck of a lot of work since we butcher our own.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most I killed in a season with my bow is 4. I did take 3 of them on the same day within 15 minutes of each other right after a blizzard next to my fooplot in my CRP. If you include rifle in here, I'd guess on an average year with bow/rifle anywhere from 8-15 depending on if I can get rid of all the meat.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i abosulutly could kill over 25 a season there are s many where i hunt. my favorite section i saw like 17 or so deer in a few hours lol. i call the spot " the gauntlet" lol
Old 08-20-2007, 04:08 PM

I've got a friend in NY that regularly kills a dozen a year with his bow between NY and CT and has taken some real nice P&Y bucks the last couple years.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

To Bill Brasky!!!

Dude, thats funny!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

In the great state of Maryland you can take unlimited does and up to 6 bucks if you apply for the extra stamp.

I personally have taken 22 does and 1 137 inch buck 3 seasons ago, that includes the 2 farms I do crop damage on and my private community hunts. All but 4 where taken with bow the rest where shotgun and muzzleloader. 95% of the meat was given to the church and the poor.

The biggest doe weighed 238 lbs dressed.
The smallest doe weighed 22lbs undressed.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the most I ever killed in one season with a bow was 6 off heavily hunted public land... Now I'm sure the guy your so in all about did it on private land with corn fields and food plots... I say private land deer are like 10 times easier to kill then pressured public land deer... So if my math is right... That's like me killing 60 deer in one season...I've got a little couple hundred acre farm hear in Md that is loaded with deer... I know there is going to be houses built there in the next couple years... So I've been planning on raping and pilaging this place this fall... I'll let ya know how many I kill the first week... The first year I hunted it I killed like 5 and only hunted it like 3 times...

Quick Reply: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.