HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   He killed seventeen deer, last year..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/203133-he-killed-seventeen-deer-last-year.html)

GMMAT 08-20-2007 02:02 PM

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Buck Mastr 101 and I shot 3D Saturday with a gentleman from TN....and we got to talking about deer hunting (actually.....it never came up until we got to target 17...lol). He told us he killed SEVENTEEN, last year.

(OK....I think I said "Master"...out loud...but I played it off):D

Before anyone gets the wrong idea....he said he still had 6 people on the waiting list to get the meat when he finished.

What's the most you've ever heard of any one person taking in one year with the bow? Has nothing to do with being a great hunter/good hunter/blah, blah, blah......just pure numbers.

killadoe 08-20-2007 02:05 PM

RE: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

I have talked to a guy from another forum who posts pics of6-9 deer a year. He said in 2 hunting season he killed 13 with his switchback. mostly does and lil bucks though.

Double Creek 08-20-2007 02:07 PM

I believe Davidmil's bud Len kills close to 20 a year, or he has in the past..

Jim_IV 08-20-2007 02:07 PM

With a bow, four. My buddy filled out his tags last year.

TN Deer Hunter 08-20-2007 02:30 PM

Here in TN it is no problem to kill 17 deer a year especially if you hunt in unit L where during archery season you can kill 2 bucks during thewhole archery seasonand 3 does per day and the statewide buck limit is 3 all year. We killed a total 3 bucks and 28 does on our farm last year between me, my buddy and his wife we gave 26 of the does to hunters for the hungr and we kept the rest of the meat.1200 acre farm tryin to do a little QDM

peakrut 08-20-2007 02:32 PM

Jeff,
He did state all with a bow?
With a gun in a 9 day season I got 4 does on a sidebar.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Buck Mastr 101 and I shot 3D Saturday with a gentleman from TN....and we got to talking about deer hunting (actually.....it never came up until we got to target 17...lol). He told us he killed SEVENTEEN, last year.

(OK....I think I said "Master"...out loud...but I played it off):D

Before anyone gets the wrong idea....he said he still had 6 people on the waiting list to get the meat when he finished.

What's the most you've ever heard of any one person taking in one year with the bow? Has nothing to do with being a great hunter/good hunter/blah, blah, blah......just pure numbers.

Germ 08-20-2007 02:34 PM

To kill a pile a deer its all about one thing

GMMAT 08-20-2007 02:34 PM

That's all he hunts with.

I just never met anyone who killed that many. I sorta wish he was my neighbor!

AK in PA 08-20-2007 02:36 PM

Good grief, I'm not sure I SAW 17 deer in Pennsylvania last season! [:-] So, Tennessee you say......?

GMMAT 08-20-2007 02:36 PM

And Gary.....you won't get a BIT of dissenting replies from me!

100%!

I'm gonna see how fast I can get to 8......I'll tell you that much!