Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife) >

HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife)

Old 08-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife)

I tell mine I was looking when I found her. I get smacked upside the head afterwards but its fun to get the rise out of her. Shes as good as gold about it actually. No probs.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM

well im getting maried on 9/8/07, so we will see how my first season goes being maried. she knows how i am with my hunting as long as she and my son are taken care of she usually doesnt mind. plus she said she actually wanted to go with me this year. so thats a plus.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

I never hunted in my entire life, I just practice a lot with my bow and every evening I'm fletching, fiddling my bow or checking HNI and I get the evil eyelots of times.
And when we take a stroll in the woods I am careful where I step and try and make nonoise what so ever and shethen looks at me like she picked the wrong one out of the bunch.
I think I need to get her her own bow or a shorter chain to keep her in the kitchen....
Old 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

It has to be balanced. She knows (and understands I'm addicted come October and early November) but that's also no excuse to forget that her and the kids exist. My son is getting older so I already have plans for him to tag along during archery and sit in a ground blind with me.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c
I think I need to get her her own bow or a shorter chain to keep her in the kitchen....
Wow

I hope she doesnt see that
Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deleted
Old 08-20-2007, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

She respects my passions outside of "us". She does this because the "us" part is never in question.

It's not hard. It isn't even a "balance". She knows where she stands.....and it's above all.
Robbcaymna and Gmmat have the secret figured out. You will be amazed at what she can tolerate in your hunting if she knows that she isn't being pushed aside by our pursuit. I do something just a little more though. If I spend money on a treestand or whatever, I give her matching funds --not necesarrily to the dollar, but she always gets a fair return, and I do it deliberately so she knows I am not just thinking about myself. I also try to involve her and teh boys whenever I can--combining some hiking with scouting or checking trail cameras, etc. Itdoesn't sound lik emuch,but it goes a long ways. She's even talking about getting a bow to shoot with me--but she is looking for one of those pink ones that you see some women shoot a 3d shoots![:'(]
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have been married 12 yrs my wife allowed us to cut our honeymoon short so i'd make opening day of bow. She doesn't hunt but new exactly what she was getting into. When the kids were small I made sacrifices It is only fair,their not her children they are our children. Now my son is 11 and daughter is 8 I take them w/ me occasionally. No problems if you letyour wife to be know what the situation will be b4 you wed. She won't accept it don't accept her its truly that simple
Old 08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife pretty much has let me go when I want. She is pretty understanding of the diesase that I have. I would love to get her out there with me (especially during turkey season), but with a 9 month old daughter, it may be a while before that happens!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Gf and I have argued a bit over the last few months with how much time I have been putting into shooting and preparing for the season. I told her from the get go this is my passion, be prepared. Well last week she asked me what I thought of her getting a bow so she could come out and shoot with me. I said awesome, lets do it. Yesterday she says, "who knows, maybe this bowhunting thing could be cool to try out" I was like omg I will marry you now. It was a problem, but now I think she understands how much bowhunting is apart of my life and realizes this could be a great way for us to spend more time together.This fall will tell the story.

Shane

Quick Reply: HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.