HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/203083-how-many-guys-get-trouble-hunting-season-wife.html)

twildasin 08-20-2007 08:23 AM

HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife)

Every year season rolls around i think im getting a divorce cause i hunt like everyday, and spend so much time checking cameras changing stands cleaning deer etc....do any of you other guys experience this other than Lee and Tiffany(lucky man)

GR8atta2d 08-20-2007 08:29 AM

RE: HOw many guys get in trouble in hunting season(wife)

Twild.. No I have an understanding wife and I get to hunt a lot without hassle.However, if I were to neglect Family and Household, in my pursuits, without balance, then yes it would be a problem and rightly so.

OGW 08-20-2007 08:30 AM

I cant say that I do experience that.
I started our relationship off by letting her know what She was in for.
LOL...Then I started a campaign of brainwashing Her with Hunting Videos and Asking Her To Participate with me...scary thing is She took me up on my offer:)
I made the promise to Her that "I would drag any deer She took"...and I'm looking forward to it!!!
Best I can reccomend to you is to ask her ideas on what she thinks could help you...involve her with everything...and enjoy any input she has.

robbcayman 08-20-2007 08:35 AM

Yeah, I have gotten in trouble. I have learned a neat trick though, send her some flowers during the hunting season (to her work)

Write her a few sweet letters and take her on a few dates. You see, I try to chase my wife with as much passion as I chase deer. Okay, well maybe not that much ;) However, I do find it keeps her off my back and content until the season is over. I mean how could she yell at me when I'm doing so many "thoughtful" things? It is misdirection and it works!! :D

Sliverflicker 08-20-2007 08:38 AM

The only way I could get in trouble with my Wife during hunting season is, if I tried to move in on a Buck she is Hunting!

ron3775 08-20-2007 08:39 AM

I may have to try the flowers. I don't spend nearly the amount of time in the woods as most of you, and still hear it. About 5 weeks into it or maybe 7 days of hunting, she starts with, " Your going out again". And thats when it all starts to snowball.

GMMAT 08-20-2007 08:43 AM

She respects my passions outside of "us". She does this because the "us" part is never in question.

It's not hard. It isn't even a "balance". She knows where she stands.....and it's above all.

JeramyK 08-20-2007 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Twild.. No I have an understanding wife and I get to hunt a lot without hassle.However, if I were to neglect Family and Household, in my pursuits, without balance, then yes it would be a problem and rightly so.
That pretty much sums up my situation too. As long as I don't lose track of my real priorities my wife could care less. In fact she encourages me to get outdoors more often.

Plus One 08-20-2007 09:19 AM

My wife starts giving me a hard time if I don't go out too much! Man, can she talk some smack too...

Bowhunter2001 08-20-2007 09:24 AM

I take mine on a shopping spree!