Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back Tension?

Old 08-20-2007, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Back Tension?

how do u know if u doing this?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Dear Mr. Longbeard, short on vision. I shot true back tension releases for years when I was chasing the 3-D circuit. I know many, many archers who have and do hunt with back tension releases. I can tell you that it takes about a year to really become proficient with one but they make you aim much better and they will take care of a little problem called "Target Panic". They now make back tension releases with safeties on them so they cannot go off as you draw. You get to your anchor and take off the safety and pull through the shot. How much effort do you think it takes to pull through a shot with a deer or and elk in front of you? I don't hunt with one now, but I have in the past and would not hesitate to use one again if that little problem ever occurs.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

BTW, this longbeard character is probably one of the most belligerent, not to mentionignorant fellows I have seen on the site and should be given the good 'ol fashioned BOOT!! So, in conclusion, pay him no mind with his irrelevant comments andunmatched ability to lose his cool!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why should I get the boot... Because I don't agree with all of you all mighty trophy hunters/world class 3-D Archers...
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Mr. Longbeard. Absolutely, you do not have to agree with any of us, especially us almighty trophy hunters and world class 3-D archers. However, when someone posts something here that I know nothing about, I read the feedback to see if I can learn about it. I certainly don't post comments on things I haven't used or have personal experience with.

My Dad used to say "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have someone think you are stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."
Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

you should be booted because i have seen you do nothing but let this tremendous amount of anger driven vomit spread all over this thread and many others. sorry pal, just think you need to calm down and be more friendly and open minded and not such a hardass, i don't judge, i probably haven't killed as many deer as you have but i just decided i wanted to be an ALMIGHTY trophy hunter. happy hunting anywho!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been working on shooting a thumb trigger (TRU Ball Chappy Boss) with back tension, and to be honest, I've had trouble doing it correctly. I've pulled a few shots so dad'gum wild I've missed a pizza box sized target at 20 yards.

I just went back to using my Tru-Fire Judge... but I am shooting it sort of like I was the Chappy. I have noticed that I'm shooting much better now USING my back to trigger the release instead of just my finger or thumb.

So while you may not "see" a lot of hunters on TV using Carter Revolutions... there are a lot more than you think.... and the methods that they teach/train you are priceless no matter what kind of bow or release you prefer.