Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Target or pin in primary vision? >

Target or pin in primary vision?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Target or pin in primary vision?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Target or pin in primary vision?

Is this wierd? One eye on pin and the other on target. I feel like thats what I am doing.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you read any book, or work with a coach they will all say focus on the target.

When in your car do you focus on the road directly in front of the car, or 100 yards down the road? What would happen if you did it the other way around?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I focus on the pin and leave the target "blurry". I treid the both eyes open shooting methad like i said i would and coulnt see anything for the life of me! When shooting both eyes open do you guys normaly use a peep?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Is this wierd? One eye on pin and the other on target. I feel like thats what I am doing.
Actually that is not weird MOHO.

Your attention/focus should be on the target with both eyes open. The pin should be secondary which most of the time this tends to put the focus in the middle in a kinda floating mode...I guess I can't explain it. Your main and goal should be on the target, apply back tension....when the shot goes off as a suprise you'd be shocked to learn the pin could be off but the arrow will not be, if you focus strickly on the pin, I doubt that's the case.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

If you read any book, or work with a coach they will all say focus on the target.

When in your car do you focus on the road directly in front of the car, or 100 yards down the road? What would happen if you did it the other way around?
Didn't read page two when I posted Matt....exactly.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Your attention/focus should be on the target with both eyes open. The pin should be secondary which most of the time this tends to put the focus in the middle in a kinda floating mode...I guess I can't explain it. Your main and goal should be on the target, apply back tension....when the shot goes off as a suprise you'd be shocked to learn the pin could be off but the arrow will not be, if you focus strickly on the pin, I doubt that's the case.
That doesnt sound very accurate or safe to me...the arrow is supposed to find the target??
Old 08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That doesnt sound very accurate or safe to me...the arrow is supposed to find the target??
You totally misunderstand, your pin could be off the mark (not target) but when the bow goes off, the arrow will find the mark (on the target)....

Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find the spot on the target I am aiming at and burn a hole through it until my arrow impacts. This is pre draw, while drawing,aiming, and releasing. It really forces you to concentrate on the aiming aspect of the shot and to pick ONE aiming point on the intended target. As Rob stated above, it is funny sometimes you feel like you might be off a bit, but darn if that arrow isn't right where you intended it to go ( a good sign you have a suprise release). I have read this statement from many good archery coaches, that pin does not have to be, nor should it be dead still while you aim.

Shane
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 55 year old eyes couldn't focus on the pin even if I tried. Focus is on the target with a little colored spot covering my aim point.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

rick...we all know we focus on the woods and fields surrounding the road trying to sneak a peak at the big buck that lives there...atleast thats how i drive

seriously....i do both...trying to focus on the target and keep both eyes open. ive noticed that when i have both eyes open and am not looking at the pin my arrows fly right where i want. its like i am the arrow. just taking me a while since i shot one eye closed for a year and focused on the pin. now its even easier for me to draw and send the arrow right where i want. almost considering loosing my peep and going with the kisser...it just feels that natural to me. i dont know...

Quick Reply: Target or pin in primary vision?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.