Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think Scent Lok is a must? >

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:06 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by guard099
waste of money to me just ask my father and grandfather who have harvested deer there whole lives with let alone camoflauge..just a gimmick
Curiosity has the best of me. But how does one dig up posts from 3 years ago with thier first post.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Holy thread dig Batman!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at the first post's month and day and didn't think anything of it.... read four pages before I noticed a 2007. I thought this thing had hit 30 pages in two days. I also thought that atlasman had been resurrected (which would have been cool). That is a thread dig....

And for what its worth.... having used Scent-Lok... I can attest it helps (at first) but it is no silver bullet.... and it is probably the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn.... you'll either roast or you'll freeze.

I'll never buy any more.... you gotta watch the wind.... no matter what.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Spike

there were a whole buch of big game animals taken with a bow before scent lock was ever thought of. I am not sure it is a must have. I think good boots and climate approiate clothing, and good archery equipment are must haves.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Absolutely not. One of our local new stations did a study on this a couple years back I think it was either WEAU or WSAW and had one of the news girls go out for a few days and sit in the same stand for those days. One day in Scent lock, the next day in regular old camo with scent killer and the next in plain clothes. She saw one or two deer with the scent lock. I think like 4 or 5 with scent killer, and beleive it or not she saw more in regular clothes with no scent killer. I cant remember how many were on the video footage. But to me no matter what you wear, if youre in the right place at the right time and play the wind right, youll see deer.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Banned

Too much info out there; Bloodhound tests, carbon experts that can give you the details on why carbon can't be reactivated in a home owners dryer, and the Lawsuit files by hunters against the company. Pure snakeoil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXp3kv8fs_0

Old 08-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a must or even a advantage IMO. Same as any other clothes.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

It is not a must. Most things you see advsertised are merely ploys to get people to spend money to finance their business or show. Don't get me wrong, I know the stuff works and many other products work as well, but don't go blowing to much money or getting into debt thinking you need all the new gizzmos.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

In My Opinion NO.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Killed my biggest buck to date last year without a stich of scent lock, sent shield on. I bet most can attest to the same thing

Quick Reply: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.