Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Vs. Bone

Old 08-19-2007, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Rage Vs. Bone

grim reaper without a doubt... rage are garbage.. they don't break the bone.. everyone thinks they are new and they aren't rocky mountain came out with the same one 10 years ago..
Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the impact from the misplaced arrow hitting the shoulder bone would knock the deer off balance before it would attempt to pass through. The arrow would then loose its energy.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Nefarious12

grim reaper without a doubt... rage are garbage.. they don't break the bone.. everyone thinks they are new and they aren't rocky mountain came out with the same one 10 years ago..
Rage are garbage?

You just lost all credibility.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:18 PM

haha well lets just say they are not all they say they are... you want something that will break the bone in most cases they will not... they are just over priced for what u get cuz all these big name hunters are being paid big bucks to shoot them... if your shoot is that good that you'll never hit to far forward then good for ya shoot um...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I watched babe winkelmen shoot a bull elk in the shoulder blade with Rage 2 bladea while ago. The guide was pissed and didnt think they would find the bull but they found him after a short bloodtrail.

Die Hard

27 Days!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:39 PM

if yourworried of deflection on bone just go with cut on contact heads strikers, montecs, muzzy, thunderheads, zwicky, magnus, to name a few!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:21 AM

yea my pop butchers for a living and found several broadheads throughout a deer body
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Montecs and am confident that the shoulder blade would not stop it. But I have a lot of KE and momentum behind my tribute.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The long and the short of it is... don't hit the shoulder in the first place. Wait for a good shot... follow through... and collect some venison.

Nothing except a well built bullet from a suitable caliber is going to get THROUGH the shoulder(s) of a deer EVERY SINGLE TIME. With an arrow... just avoid it all together.

Shoot whatever broadhead you please.... they will all get the job done. There are times it might be nice to have a cut on contact, small diameter, like if you hit the shoulder... and times that it would be nice to have a super large cutting diameter... if you hit too far back you'll have a better chance of catching a main vein/artery. You just need to find what is going to shoot well off your bow, make sure it is tuned. PRACTICE! Pick your shots.... as Matt says "Trust the Float" and you'll come out just fine.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know anything about the Rage broadhead, but I have a lot of faith in my 125 grain Montecs (backed up by 80 ft lbs of KE) to help me out if I make that mistake. I'll do my best to avoid the shoulder blade though. There's a lot of room for a good kill shot behind that bone.

Quick Reply: Rage Vs. Bone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.