Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

grim reapers

Old 08-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: grim reapers

They do require a little more attention to detail during assembly (they have detailed instructions to follow), last season was the first seasonI used themwith no problems,they are devastating for sure.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:57 AM

how hard is it to set them up though?

Seems like it would be alot easier to go with another good mechanical

rick
Old 08-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's really not that difficult. Just a bit more attention to detail required. I'll say this for them. After I decided not to use them, I test shot one through a 3/4" piece of oak plywood. It blew through it and was fully intact. Not re-useable, of course, but intact. I wouldn't have believed that that many parts could come together to make a durable head, but they do.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

I bought two sets last year, one for hunting and one for practice. I probably took over 200 practice shots with these broadheads and never had a blade open in flight. The only problem that i had was that after i pulled the head out of my target i would have some target shavings sitting in the grooves that the blades fold into. Just make sure you keep those grooves free of dirt and grit or the abldes will not stay closed.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

thehairlessone,Last year was my first time ever messing with mechanicals andthey were very simple.Like someone mentioned earlier they have full instructions and are easy to follow.If you get them you will see just how easy they are.I myself have'nt had any open in flight,but they are real easy to mess with.I would suggest them.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone for the replies. I did shoot them and really liked the way they flew and right on with my target tips. After a little problem with assem I got them all figured out seems like that first ring is the answer get that right and no problems yet.