Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 American Broadhead Sonic Broadheads >

American Broadhead Sonic Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

American Broadhead Sonic Broadheads

Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default American Broadhead Sonic Broadheads

I am seriously thinking of switching from Thunderhead 100's to American Broadhead's Sonic 100 broadheads. Does anyone here have any experience with them?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: American Broadhead Sonic Broadheads

I have a full review on my website, but overall they are good heads.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haveshot them but havent used them in the field yet. Im kind of skeptical about not using my Muzzys. My co worker gave me a few to have, he shot a nice buck with one last year and was never able to find the buck tilllater in the season when hewas able toshoot it again.He apparently didnt make a good shot the first time, but second time he said he damned near layed the buck down right where he stood. I might try one on amaturedoe this year... They do fly pretty much like field tips because of the shorter head.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had one sent to me by the company as have many. If you write them, you perhaps could have one sent for testing as well.

They flew beautifully out of my Allegiance. Of course, the bow is tuned and Muzzy's, field points and RM Snypers were all grouping together as well.

I did not shoot a deer with them, technically. I shot my last years deer with a RM Snyper. I had the Sonic in the quiver as well and I had spined the buck with the first shot. I followed up the shot with two more shots, one with the sonic and another Snyper. The buck was laying on it's side kicking, trying to get up. Of course the Sonic went through and into the ground. The head did not come out in good shape. I don't know if I hit rock but it was missing a blade and the other two were damaged. Again, so what, it was in the ground. I did not inspect the head.

The only thing I was not crazy about was how small the head was as far as cutting diameter.

Again, flew great, passed through the animal but was damaged in the ground. (small cutting diameter). IMO and experience.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I had one sent to me by the company as have many. If you write them, you perhaps could have one sent for testing as well.

They flew beautifully out of my Allegiance. Of course, the bow is tuned and Muzzy's, field points and RM Snypers were all grouping together as well.

I did not shoot a deer with them, technically. I shot my last years deer with a RM Snyper. I had the Sonic in the quiver as well and I had spined the buck with the first shot. I followed up the shot with two more shots, one with the sonic and another Snyper. The buck was laying on it's side kicking, trying to get up. Of course the Sonic went through and into the ground. The head did not come out in good shape. I don't know if I hit rock but it was missing a blade and the other two were damaged. Again, so what, it was in the ground. I did not inspect the head.

The only thing I was not crazy about was how small the head was as far as cutting diameter.

Again, flew great, passed through the animal but was damaged in the ground. (small cutting diameter). IMO and experience.
I shot my buck last year with a sonic broadhead. Like Rob I spined the deer and had to finish him with a second arrow. After I retrieved the sonic from the deers spine the blades were in pretty bad shape. The blades kind of mushroomed at the tip and I also noticed after I replaced the blades on the head that it was still unusable. After, replacing the blades I spin tested the broadhead and discovered that the aluminum ferrule was also bent. To make a long story short: they got the job done but they didn't seem to be very durable. I will not be buying them again. By the way, they did fly as advertised. Like a field point.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Spike

You might also want to check out some threads and the website for Slick Tricks at www.slicktrick.net
Old 08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen too many pics of the heads after a shot into a phone book in which they were just literally destroyed... before you say "phone book?"... the other heads that underwent the same test came out intact. It was apples-to-apples.

I've also heard a lot of reports like Rob's and goherd's... I've got 11 of them (a bunch of my non-bowhunting friends sent off for the free demos ), but will probably save them for jackrabbit huntingafter I get my antelope year after next.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Ive been useing them for a couple years and every deer Ive shot with them, I think five or six, didnt go far. They fly true and you will get the best penetration you have ever seen. I have busted through ribs and sholder blades with them, the only thing about them is that you need to replace the blades after one or two uses. Ive also shot turkeys with them and they didnt go anywhere. I recomend them, and probably will never switch to another broad head.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM

I use them and I love them. They are dead on accurate and have great penetration. I have not been able to take a deer with them, but one of my buddy has. He shot two does last season and he had pass throughs every time. The deer bled out great and he found them within 30-40 yards of where they were shot.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 AM

I think they are the best heads out there. They fly like my field points. I can sight in my bow with field points and then put on my broadheads and not have to change my sight at all. Maybe just one click here and there. I have killed deer and pig with them. The cut on contact blades are great for us women that usually don't pull what you guys do. I use the Sonic Pro 100. I killed a pig with the sonic 100 grain 7/8 as well.
Highly Recommend.

Quick Reply: American Broadhead Sonic Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.