Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta

Old 08-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tred Barta

What do yall think of this guy, he takes 40 yard shotssometimes with a traditional bow he misses allot he just took a 45 yarder at a caribou and the arrow went overits back then he missed another at 40 yards His show interest me and i enjoy watching it but i don't know if the guy is all there but are any of us
Old 08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tred Barta

Personally, I think he's a nut..... have you seen his exercise regimens? But that's what makes his show fun to watch.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 PM

As interesting as his show is, and as skilled as he is...personally I think that Tred Barta is bad publicity for hunters. His "run-n-gun" style doesn't sit well with me. I think that he makes poor shot decisions, and takes shots that could wound but not kill an animal. It seems to me that he is just out for attention. As much as I admire his skill with a bow, I don't think that it is television material.

Just to make a point, did you see the episode where he was hunting hogs with dogs? The dogs took down the hog and he ran in and knifed it. Primitive form of hunting, yes. But again, lets keep it off tv, put it on DVD and let those that want to watch it go buy it. Just my opinion.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Barta's something else, and that's a good thing.

Here's the general script of every other show on TV:

We start with film of the boys sitting in the resort cabin's main hall, deeply discussing the equipment (naturally made by this week's sponsor) we'll be using in the morning.

Fade to some doofus sitting in a treestand waiting for them to herd the big one past so he can sit there at full draw for 5 minutes with the dramatic music in the background.

Now he gut shoots the animal (arrow must stop after only achieving about 5" of penetration). Cut scene immediately to disquise poor performance of sponsors crappy products.

From cut, switch camera angle to hunter as he watches animal run off before beginning the whoop and holler routine or, even better, laughs like a blooming idiot while pumping his fist and going "YES!"

Wait for the guide to find it/finish it off, and place the camera man just right so he can film us bloodtrailing and finding the kill.

The big Hero scene, where we slap each other on the back, brag about how good the shot was and finish it all off with a round of handshakes while constantly repeating the mantra "that's what it's all about."

And the grande finale: "Come hunt on so-n-so's ranch."

Fade to list of sponsors.

Even as much of a dipstick as everyone thinks Barta is, his show is infinitely better than THAT because it's DIFFERENT.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

AutherP you hit the nail on the head, I could not help but laugh ,that is the truth about it, especially the fist pumping ,They all do it. I do question the guys shot taken but it is different type of show.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Barta's something else, and that's a good thing.

Here's the general script of every other show on TV:

We start with film of the boys sitting in the resort cabin's main hall, deeply discussing the equipment (naturally made by this week's sponsor) we'll be using in the morning.

Fade to some doofus sitting in a treestand waiting for them to herd the big one past so he can sit there at full draw for 5 minutes with the dramatic music in the background.

Now he gut shoots the animal (arrow must stop after only achieving about 5" of penetration). Cut scene immediately to disquise poor performance of sponsors crappy products.

From cut, switch camera angle to hunter as he watches animal run off before beginning the whoop and holler routine or, even better, laughs like a blooming idiot while pumping his fist and going "YES!"

Wait for the guide to find it/finish it off, and place the camera man just right so he can film us bloodtrailing and finding the kill.

The big Hero scene, where we slap each other on the back, brag about how good the shot was and finish it all off with a round of handshakes while constantly repeating the mantra "that's what it's all about."

And the grande finale: "Come hunt on so-n-so's ranch."

Fade to list of sponsors.

Even as much of a dipstick as everyone thinks Barta is, his show is infinitely better than THAT because it's DIFFERENT.
you would think that most guys had never even seen a deer before. That's one of the reasons I can't stand to watch a lot of hunting shows......they DON'T do any hunting. Just sit on a ranch where they're guaranteed a big deer.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, old Tred is a bit of a freak. He has real good shooting skills, but his shot choice SUCKS, big time!! He's rather stuck on himself, isn't he? It's always, "I" this, or "I" that. Oh yea, the Barta way.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 PM

He's an Idiot!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

He's an Idiot!
Agreed! But I can't help but love the guy. At least he's for real. I respect him as much or more than any other idiot I've ever known!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never seen this Tred Barta on any of the Hunting Shows I watch.....Sounds like he's a real Character for sure?

What is the name of his Hunting Show or Program? I watch the Outdoor Channel and haven't ever heard of him until now.

Quick Reply: Tred Barta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.