Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta

Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Tred Barta

Did you see the one that he took the freshly peed on scrape dirt and rubbed it all over his face and hair to smell like a deer? I just don't want to kill a deer that bad. With that said, I think that only a couple of the episodes were any good. I'm not a big fan of watching deep sea fishing, although I like doing it.

I think my favorite was when he was trying to shoot a flying duck with a long bow.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

yea i seen the duck one, the dude is a goof ball but he is fun to watch I just want to split one of those huge arrow shafts that he shoots with those enormous feathers , and then just look at him and say now what you gonna do ,those things look like a kindergarden pencil.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM

its called the best and worst of tred barta and its on fridays at 8pm central on versus aka oln
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

NUGENT IS THE MAN!!!! But I like Tred as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tred is the best sportsman that ever lived. Just ask him. If you ask my opinion, he's a moron. You know what they say about opinions though
Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 PM

BUFFINATOR- I AGREE WITH YOU. ITS NOT HUNTING- ITS A PLACE THEY HUNT THAT MANAGES TROPHY DEER. AND SINCE THEY HAVE A 'CELEBRITY' DEER HUNTER YOU KNOW HE'LL GIT THE BIGGEST N BADDEST BUCK ON THE RANCH. ID LIKE TO SEE THOSE GUYS HUNT THE 'NORMAL AVERAGE DEER HUNTER'S LAND. IM GLAD JUST TO SEE A DEER SOMETIMES.

ORIGINAL: Buffinator

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Barta's something else, and that's a good thing.

Here's the general script of every other show on TV:

We start with film of the boys sitting in the resort cabin's main hall, deeply discussing the equipment (naturally made by this week's sponsor) we'll be using in the morning.

Fade to some doofus sitting in a treestand waiting for them to herd the big one past so he can sit there at full draw for 5 minutes with the dramatic music in the background.

Now he gut shoots the animal (arrow must stop after only achieving about 5" of penetration). Cut scene immediately to disquise poor performance of sponsors crappy products.

From cut, switch camera angle to hunter as he watches animal run off before beginning the whoop and holler routine or, even better, laughs like a blooming idiot while pumping his fist and going "YES!"

Wait for the guide to find it/finish it off, and place the camera man just right so he can film us bloodtrailing and finding the kill.

The big Hero scene, where we slap each other on the back, brag about how good the shot was and finish it all off with a round of handshakes while constantly repeating the mantra "that's what it's all about."

And the grande finale: "Come hunt on so-n-so's ranch."

Fade to list of sponsors.

Even as much of a dipstick as everyone thinks Barta is, his show is infinitely better than THAT because it's DIFFERENT.
you would think that most guys had never even seen a deer before. That's one of the reasons I can't stand to watch a lot of hunting shows......they DON'T do any hunting. Just sit on a ranch where they're guaranteed a big deer.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think he's any worse for bad publicity than hunting forums.Read the posts in the next few months(on any forum)about "I stuck a deer and lost him" or "hit one and can't find him",and the countless others.Personally,I think that's so much worse than ol Tred missing a moose at 40yds.
I don't think he's a moron,either.After all,ya'll are watching him week after week(the sponsors really like that,too)
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Spike

He's coo-coo in the head but his archery skills impress me. The episode where he was sticking hogs with a knife was a bit much, but his knows how to shoot a bow. He tries to keep most of his shots 20 yards and under.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:55 PM

I don't think he is dumb, but his passion for hunting is strong. I'd rather see him miss an animal than wound it like a lot of people do. You guys who say he misses that and misses this never see him actually wound an animal though and leave it. He does it the hard way and that is true. He hand makes all of his arrows and he made his bow too. I have a lot of respect for the man and I think his show is great. I just watched him tonight shoot a goose with a long bow. It took him 3 years to do it, but he kept at and finally accomplished his goal. He is a very inspiring person.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:28 AM

i personaly dont like him as a person but he makes for a good show

Quick Reply: Tred Barta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.