Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How are G5 Strikers? >

How are G5 Strikers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How are G5 Strikers?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How are G5 Strikers?

Someone i know wants to buy G5 Striker broadheads but wanted to hear a little something about them first. They look like great broadheads. How are your thoughts/experiences with them? Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How are G5 Strikers?

I don't have the G5 version but my expirience with this type of head (short and stuby) are great. They fly awesome and the cut on contact tip and blade is very sharp and also easy to resharpen. I have the wacem versions and love them. I am sure the strikers are a very good head as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The G5's are supposed to be great heads. I've heard mixed reviews on their sharpness.They copied the Wac'em design.

I pulled one out of the backstop at Lancaster Archery that someone just left there and it still looked like it was in good shape.I didn't tear it apart to see how the blades are attached yet. A saunders BH is a great tool to ahve and is cheap. I still can't figure out how someone could leave a $12 BH behind.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 AM

The Strikers are awesome heads.

I picked up a half dozen a month or so back and have fallen in love. They've got the same design as the Wac'em with 1/16" larger cutting diameter. They're rock solid and fly just like field points. They're scary sharp right out of the box, which is a definite plus. With replacable blades, these are the heads that are going into the woods with me next month.

Like the ad says; "Mama was a scalpel, Daddy was an anvil."

Can'targue with that.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

The G5 montecs are dull the G5 strikers are very sharp. I killed several deer last season with the strikers and was pleased with the results.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

The G5 montecs are dull the G5 strikers are very sharp. I killed several deer last season with the strikers and was pleased with the results.
umm I have killed12 deer with those dull Montecs, but I am going to try the strikers this year so I will let you know.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 PM

the strikers are very good heads. I used them last year. They flew great even out to 50 yds. and I have never seen anything so sharp except maybe a silver flame

rick