Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bone Head Move of The Day >

Bone Head Move of The Day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bone Head Move of The Day

Old 08-13-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Bone Head Move of The Day

So Im new to bowhunting and I have a Diamond Rapture which i really like and i have spent quite a bit of time practiceing with someone who is really experianced with archery. Long story short I was on the shoot for my bow hunters safety and smoked the first 2 3d targets and everything was fine. ThenI went into the tree stand and I honestly dont know what i was doing. I didnt knock an arrow when i shot at the target like a moron, and dry fired my bow. Basically it blew out my peep sight. But as for any other damage i cant see any to the limbs, cams, or anything. By the way i finished the course no problem with someone elses bow i had never shot before. But im worried i ruined my bow. Any suggestions would help.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 AM

Default RE: Bone Head Move of The Day

Well so far it sounds like you lucked out.. BUT i would recommend takeing your bow in to a pro shop and letting them do a ounce over on the limbs, cams, string etc... just to be certain... Congrats on the course by the way... Your on your way..
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 PM

Yah, definately second the idea of taking your bow into a Pro Shop. A few weeks ago I managed to dry fire my bow also, lost the peep, but also needed a new string. Nothing else wrong though. Good Luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

You said you did fine till you went to the tree stand. Did your arrow slip off the string as you were releasing it?
Seems it did ok at ground level. Maybe check your nocks to make sure they are a little snug on the string. I just thought maybe since you were aiming down it could of slipped off? I also would get the bow checked, with hunting season around the corner, no need to have equipment failure!
Good luck!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Corey. It seems you are the only moron here..I would never leave my shotgun on the roof of the truck dry orfire my crossbow or leave the keys to my gun40 miles from home or drive 400 mile only to wake up on opening morning to the sound of the maid cleaning the hallway.
If you have never pulled a bone head move then your either a genius or just not telling it like it is.
If this was an AA meeting (Archery Anonyomous) sp then you would probably hear a whole bunch of stories for the short term braindead. I do hope the bow is alright. Much easier to get over humiliation than a badly busted bow. Good Luck and at least it's not opening day..