Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 stolen tree stands >

stolen tree stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stolen tree stands

Old 08-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Default RE: stolen tree stands

yea i want to put camera on public land, but dont want it to get stolen. i probably will take my chances
Old 08-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have not had a stand or camera stolen yet just wait a bit.. No shortage oftheives out there.
I had a stand stolen two seasons ago and tracked the 16 year old kid to his house and demanded it back. His Momma said it was on their land so tough luck. I called the police who advised them that as long as the land was not posted that they had best return it or I may have been able to file charges.
I hang my head in shame for the course I have choosen. The kid has other stands out there now and it is not posted and I don't hunt it anymoreso when I am walking the dog through the woods I always try to pinch one off on the seat of his stand. Very childish but somehow rewarding.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

im lucky in the fact that I can spread my steps out 3.5' and still be able to get in the stand. aside from that, I use steps for the first 10', then screw in steps the rest of the way, and jsut remove the steps after each hunt.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 2-Man ladder stand on our property and after I put it up I ran a nice big chain around the stand frame and around the very large tree then paddlocked it!If anyone steals it I will search high and low til I find it and have the Thieves arrested. [:@]

My neighbor found that someone cut the rope on his boat that he uses for Duck Hunting and they messed with his salt blocks he set out for deer.He asked if I saw or heard anyone because our property joins on the back side and I told him "No" but we would watch and keep a closer eye on our equipment and his.He was talking about investing some money in trail camera's to catch any trespassers.

I would love to hear where someone would catch a Thief on those new trail camera's that send the picture via cell phone or satellite and even though the camera would be stolen they would still get pictures of the Idiots packing the camera with them and who they were and where they lived! LOL
Old 08-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

I have a 2-Man ladder stand on our property and after I put it up I ran a nice big chain around the stand frame and around the very large tree then paddlocked it!If anyone steals it I will search high and low til I find it and have the Thieves arrested. [:@]

My neighbor found that someone cut the rope on his boat that he uses for Duck Hunting and they messed with his salt blocks he set out for deer.He asked if I saw or heard anyone because our property joins on the back side and I told him "No" but we would watch and keep a closer eye on our equipment and his.He was talking about investing some money in trail camera's to catch any trespassers.

I would love to hear where someone would catch a Thief on those new trail camera's that send the picture via cell phone or satellite and even though the camera would be stolen they would still get pictures of the Idiots packing the camera with them and who they were and where they lived! LOL
Maybe run a live webcam and have it recording on your computer. Even if they get it you will have their face.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:48 PM

I had permission to hunt a lot one year .
I set up my portable stand and went back early in the next afternoon to see the land owners son walking out with my portable lone Wolf stand on his back .
Luckly I stopped him before he got to the road .
He claimed he new nothing abought me having permission to hunt there.
LOL , My stand was way out where no one would just happen to strole.
I got it back .
Ever since then I use a heavy chain and lock on private land over night and go hunting at first light .
I never leave my stand if I no I wont be there before light the next morning .
Really pisses you off though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[:@]
Old 08-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen a Camera Review website the other day..they showed you hot to make dummie cams and how to catch thieves the easyist..It was a very very helpful website!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:05 PM

Hey Chase, any idea what the web address is for that page? or maybe post a link, or if you remember what the name of it is.I'm tryin to brainstorm some ideas for the next person who comes strolling through our land.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

we had 4 stolen and if i would have caught them they would be in a world of hurt. we had boltsthroughthe tree stand into the tree and cable locks. they definetlyscouted it out before they got them.[:@]
Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I had a ladder stand and my camera stolen the year before last, and I never found out who it was. I only hunt 6 miles from my house and my grandparents live in a house 500 yards from where the stand was taken. So now I put locks and cables on all my stands just to make it harder for them. But if they want it bad enough they'll get it.

Quick Reply: stolen tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.