Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting during warm weather >

Hunting during warm weather

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting during warm weather

Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting during warm weather

Sept. 1st is coming up fast. That is opening day for archery around here. Looks like opening day this year will be pretty warm. What kinds of things/techniques do you use to bring in the deer when the weather is warm?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 PM

Default RE: Hunting during warm weather

i just wear my turkey hunting gear
Old 08-09-2007, 11:29 PM

i wear my turkey gear too.. colors still match this time of year too. Plenty of water is the only thing I can suggest.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

I try to take my time getting to the stand to avoid sweating. But, when its 85 to the mid 90's and crazy humidity, I sweat no matter what. The bugs are usually my biggest problem. I try to put up with the heat the as much as possible, I love seeing a bunch of bucks show up together and they are pretty patternable.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

No suggestions, but love to hunt the warm weather, seems to work for me
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i freeze bottles of water, i change my clothes to my hunting clothes once i get to my stand, then i throw my wet/sweaty clothes in a ziploc....i bring a battery operated fan too, between 2-4 that puppy is on, i just dont care if it spooks deer or not, if i'm passed out from heat stroke or something , then i wont be able to hunt anyway, lol......when it comes to the deer, i just get it out as quick as possible....field dressing is an option as well.....get all those warm guts out of it...you can take a thin rope or a shoelace to tie the stomache together after gutting so that no dirt gets in....ok, so less dirt gets in , lol.....
Old 08-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Make sure you have an ice chest in the truck. I wouldn't want to take a chance of spoiling the meat I worked so hard for and the deer gave its life for.
Mosquitos are bad here in Tx during the early season so I always bring my Thermacell.
I really pay attention to the wind. I'll be sweaty no matter how I try to stay dry. Its just too hot here. So scent control and stand location are critical. I dress in the lightest camo I own. I have to wait until Sept. 29th but it will be plenty hot here. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

We're going through a real bad week right now, todays forcast is 106 w/heat index @ 115. I'm having a bear of a time just shooting a Doz. arrows every evening and really don't know if I'd enjoy hunting in it, but I know it will let up by 9/9. This heat has me thinking thatI'm going to try a few spots that are a lot lower and a lot thicker than the surrounding areas in hopes thatit's also cooler and they'll be there hunkering down during the heat, hoping to catch them coming back in the AM or going out in the PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good point tx,

Meat spoilage comes into play a lot more when its hot. You can't just hang
em up all day
after gutting. I don't do much except dress lightly and bring Thermacell. Can't help sweating,
right now you sweat just being outside.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scentblocker Roadtrips XLT clothes work great for me. Im also going to purchase a Thermacell since I've heard they work well.

Quick Reply: Hunting during warm weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.