Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest? >

anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Default anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

I am toying with the idea of switching away from the bisquit to a ripcord because it looks like the best of both worlds with the full containment and drop away features.

anyone have one or have any thoughts?

rick

Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

love it
Old 08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine has been flawless.

Tom
Old 08-09-2007, 09:38 AM

I have, as well as, my fiance' has. Both love ours. Only problem I have is with the felt. Constantly pulling up because of my fletching.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM

I've been shooting Rip Cord for three years and love it.

Javabird17 - double check to make sure your launcher when down is 90 degrees. If it isn't you'll get bounce. You shouldn't have any contact on the launcher when it drops. It's a simple adjustment with the rest by raising it until it is completely flat when in the down position.

If your launcher is in the right position, 90 degrees, your contact problem is due to rest timing.

Loosen the football and re-adjust the location by first locking the launcher in the up position, draw your bow and the football will move to the correct location on the buss cable. Then, pull an additional 1/8" of the cord (shortening it from the football to the rest body) and lock it down good and tight.

Re-draw your bow with the launcher cocked. Then draw your bow without cocking it and the launcher should raise to the exact same position as if it were locked.

When the timing is correct, you'll have no addtional contact issues with your fletchings on the launcher.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I gave one an honest try and it didn't work out for me.......I probably just got a lemon but the horizontal dovetail cracked on me and the rest was drifting from day to day and my POI was moving around and I thought I was going nuts. [:-] took me a few days to realize that I didn't forget how to shoot.
That and the launcher "Whine" drove me nuts. Its a weird tuning fork sort of sound when you draw an arrow across it to full draw. (I have even heard it on hunting videos where they were shooting a Rip Cord)

So those 2 things combined with the underlying paranoia of picturing that raised launcher not dropping at the moment of truth on a huge buck packed it in for me.
I'm sure it's working great for lots of guys but I sent mine back and moved on.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I gave one an honest try and it didn't work out for me.......I probably just got a lemon but the horizontal dovetail cracked on me and the rest was drifting from day to day and my POI was moving around and I thought I was going nuts. [:-] took me a few days to realize that I didn't forget how to shoot.
That and the launcher "Whine" drove me nuts. Its a weird tuning fork sort of sound when you draw an arrow across it to full draw. (I have even heard it on hunting videos where they were shooting a Rip Cord)

So those 2 things combined with the underlying paranoia of picturing that raised launcher not dropping at the moment of truth on a huge buck packed it in for me.
I'm sure it's working great for lots of guys but I sent mine back and moved on.
Matt

Maybe once you get a bit more experience under your belt... you should really give it another try. Only joking... you have a lotof experience and know more about bows and shooting then I ever will.

I have to agree with Matt ontwo of the things he mentioned.So far mine has work with no problems for "practicing ".While I love mine,I always draw and let downat the start of each practice session and will do the same for every hunt to make sure the fork falls. I am still a tiny paranoid afterusing it for 4 months.

There is noise when drawing back with my goldtips. I will have tomole skinit to get away from that for hunting. Otherwise it has been a great rest so far.

Tim
Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 AM

No problems so far. I really like it.. supposed to be one of the better drop aways
Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

My only experience was the one I shot on Matt's bow and he touched on it so there you go...LOL sorry.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

I was going to try it. But I am afraid it will not get out of the way in time. Its very long. Gonna try the Nap smart rest instead.

Quick Reply: anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.