HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I gave one an honest try and it didn't work out for me.......I probably just got a lemon but the horizontal dovetail cracked on me and the rest was drifting from day to day and my POI was moving around and I thought I was going nuts. [:-] took me a few days to realize that I didn't forget how to shoot.
That and the launcher "Whine" drove me nuts. Its a weird tuning fork sort of sound when you draw an arrow across it to full draw. (I have even heard it on hunting videos where they were shooting a Rip Cord)

So those 2 things combined with the underlying paranoia of picturing that raised launcher not dropping at the moment of truth on a huge buck packed it in for me.
I'm sure it's working great for lots of guys but I sent mine back and moved on.
Matt

Maybe once you get a bit more experience under your belt... you should really give it another try. Only joking... you have a lotof experience and know more about bows and shooting then I ever will.

I have to agree with Matt ontwo of the things he mentioned.So far mine has work with no problems for "practicing ".While I love mine,I always draw and let downat the start of each practice session and will do the same for every hunt to make sure the fork falls. I am still a tiny paranoid afterusing it for 4 months.

There is noise when drawing back with my goldtips. I will have tomole skinit to get away from that for hunting. Otherwise it has been a great rest so far.

Tim